Typical short phone call...not so typical

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
topic of discussion.

wm called last night - we've set it up for him to make the effort to call & learn how to talk to people. We, of course, are wm's "grand experiment".

wm called last night "I ran away from home, mom" & then clicks off. Okay, husband & I go into crisis mode - I call foster mum while husband redials off the number that came in - local ciity park.

I'm talking with foster mum as wm calls in again - husband is speaking with wm as I'm losing myself in all this "chatter".

I finally asked husband to tell wm that foster mum was about to pull everything - literally everything if he wasn't back at the group home in 5 minutes. Foster mum started laughing & agreed to back me up; husband just passed the message along & apparently wm started to kick butt running back to group home. He made it by the time i was about to hang up with foster mum.

I don't know the whole "picture"; not sure I want to - at the very least I deserve a half pot coffee before I hear the truth & nothing but the truth. :bloodshot::coffee::rofl:

I anticipate a real interesting, likely convuluted in thought tale today out of wm. I can count on his little boy maturity .

wakeupcall

There is always drama out of our children, isn't there? I get sooo tired and I know you do, too. What would it be like to have a regular, ordinary, "normal" day???

I have the pot brewing~~~~~~~

meowbunny

Well, at least he made his phone call and it was certainly an interesting topic. Of course, he needs to not hang up right after he breaks such interesting news. :rofl:

Sorry, but my sense of humor is on the demented side lately.

Glad you found a way to get him to run home right away. I do wonder what brought on the need to run. Poor you.

slsh

member since 1999
LOL - I agree, at least he called.

Bless his heart - we have to be thankful for kids who need to make sure we know when they're out of line. Sigh....

Half a pot of coffee.... or several valium (personally, I'd opt for general anesthetic, :rofl: )

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well, the good part is at least he went back. Now I can't wait to hear what his reason was. It always amazes me where their thoughts come from. Hope things improve.

Beth

On_Call

Linda,

EEK!:crazy1: No wonder you went into crisis mode! You are a quick on your feet thinker, though!

It is funny, but our difficult child would probably do the same thing and call us. He might have run just to see if he could do it?

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he called - and glad he went back!!

Linda,

Did you ever hear what happened??? I agree with the others- at least he went back!!! :rofl:

And, I think you deserve more than half a pot of caffeine -:coffee2: Stories like this need an entire pot:coffee:!!! WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
GOOD JOB - I mean having a self-called convoluted brain and thinking like THAT lightning fast? I think the coffee is working Linda -

I'm bringing brownies - Not low fat junk either - real honest to pack your thighs chocolate.

susiestar

Roll With It
Can I be a mom like you when I grow up?

I problem would have stood there with my jaw hanging open wondering how on earth he had the nerve????

You deserve a whole pot, and some Baileys or whatever to go in it, and a whole lot of brownies!!

Susie