Ugh...CPS...Jamie...Mikey

DammitJanet

I had CPS called on me while moving in to a new rental house when Cory was two...

Because Cory was only wearing socks on his feet while running in and out of the house! It was late April in NC for gosh sakes! Some nosey neighbor decided that a 2 year old without shoes was cause to call the cops...lol.

Actually, Cory was in orthopedic treatment for Internal metatarsal rotation (I think that is what it was called...badly turned in toes) and he wore these heavy reverse last shoes. They had him in them 4 weeks on and one week off to give his feet a break. So for that one week he only wore socks cause his feet didnt fit in regular shoes.

I couldnt believe someone sent the cops and cps to my door over something the doctors ordered me to do...lol.

Cass1

Oh Janet I know this story all to well and our family is still dealing with the nightmare.I hope that your Children services do more investigating then ours does here in Canada.We have my grandson(difficult child #1 's son) living with us due to a accident that happened with difficult child's ex's daughter.She fell down the stairs while her grandmother was babysitting her she did suffer head trauma but when it happened the grandmother didnt take her to be checked out.The next day she took her home to difficult child & the mom and said she was fine but after observing her for a day we could see she wasnt fine so we took her to the hospital.Children services was automatically called in,my difficult child has bad panick attacks when it comes to hospitals so we told him to stay home.We all ended up being interviewed by CAS & police anyone who was with her within the past week,they asked difficult child if anything had ever happened to her while in his care she was 18mths old at the time,he told them about bouncing her on the bed a couple days before the fall that she liked to bounce back down on the mattress while changing her.After standing her up and pulling her pants up she liked to bounce back down on her bum well the day he did it she flung back and bumped the back of her head on this thin tin shelf behind the bed but she was fine no bumps bruises or anything.difficult child didnt have anything to hide and gave them and info they wanted to know but I guess honesty doesnt always pay off he was arrested and charged with assault and the child was taken away.Now when going to court the doctors determined that her injurys werent caused by what he did,which we knew this cause when she fell down the stairs she wacked her head off a cemment floor.Yet CAS is still involved ,took my grandson from the hospital at birth it took us a yr to get him and difficult child's ex girlfriend daughter has now been adopted out :(
This is what CAS looked at and shouldve investigated more,the knew difficult child is bipolar,they thought it was suspicious difficult child didnt go to the hospital with us,they said difficult child & ex were trying to hide something cause she wasnt taken to hospital right away after the fall at grandmas(which was grandmas responsability at the time.,when she was admitted to the hospital they took pictured of her the day after we brought her in she had bruises on her arms and a red mark on her neck they said they were signs of abuse.In court the first Dr who saw her at emerg saw the pics and said she didnt look like that when she came in,said the bruises were problem from them trying to give her iv and the red marks on her neck problem from the neck brace :( yet we are still dealing with CAS and my difficult child & the mom have to have supervised visits with my grandson and are no longer allowed to see her daughter :(
I wish I had the money for a good lawyer because they have put our family through hell for the past 3.5yrs all because of a accident.I will keep your son in my thoughts & prayers that all goes well with the appointment but yes you are right he needs to make sure his house is totally baby proof because they pick at anything they can.