Ugh, husband tells me yesterday that my doctor

JJJ

husband tells me yesterday that my doctor called on THURSDAY to discuss my x-ray results. Um, I already spoke with him when he looked at them. I guess this means the radiologists report is in. So I have no idea if there is something horrible or what, since docs usually don't call to give me results. A nurse usually makes the "good news" calls and the docs make the "bad news" calls. So, I have left a message for doctor and now sit here very anxious....

DDD

Good Grief! My husband is apt to delay also. Fingers crossed that you hear back soon to alleviate your stress. I would guess "lunch time" or "after hours". Hugs. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
I did NOT fall out of the pooh tree
(repeat)
I did NOT fall out of the pooh tree

Hoping everything is fine -

Hugs
Star:D

Lothlorien

I always thought the doctor only called with bad news. That's not always the case. Our doctor calls husband with his blood work all the time. He's pretty thorough that way.

He may just be calling to confirm or he may have forgotten that he already discussed it with you. Don't get yourself worked up. It may be no big deal. Sending good thoughts, anyway.

meowbunny

Mine used to call with the good news if he liked the patient. Said it was a joy to make that call, so why give his nurse all the fun.

Good luck!

JJJ

Well, it wasn't good or bad news, it was in-between news. The radiologist diagnosis interstitial disease but my doctor thinks that may be premature as he feels that I am still recovering from my pnemonia (sp?). I need to go for another chest xray in mid-March. If it still shows interstitial disease, then I need to go for a chest CT scan for a formal diagnosis. It is treatable and not fatal, but can be chronic. So not the worst news but not a clean bill of health either.

Lothlorien

It is most likely the residua from the pneumonia. I'll still keep good thoughts, but I'm sure you will be fine! Residua from pneumonia can last for months. I've had it twice. Though most of it was gone, I coughed and wheezed for months.

nvts

Triple J: I'm going for the pneumonia residual myself! I know when I had pneumonia the last few times, it seemed to last forever too!

Keeping happy thoughts!

Beth