Ugh... ocular migraine = zigzags across my field of vision

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've been sitting here trying to do some work on the computer for the past 20 minutes and am getting increasingly frustrated. I guess I just need to stop until this passes.

I get these ocular migraines once in a while. My opthamologist said it's no big deal, and likely hormone-related, but they can be really annoying. No pain, but I get a disturbance in my visual field. Sometimes it's the peripheral vision in one eye that goes completely. Right now it's a zigzag pattern across the top of one eye. Usually they subside within 5 or 10 minutes, but this one has been growing steadily... started out as a fuzzy spot near the center of my eye and slowly grew like a worm.

Anyone else experience the joys of this? :faint:

smallworld

I do. Sometimes it develops into a full-blown migraine. If I take Motrin or Aleve quickly enough, it seems to help head it off.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well then I count myself lucky that it never progresses beyond the splotchy vision! I think I've only had a true migraine headache once or twice in my life. My mom used to get them fairly often, though. Course it's no wonder considering the difficult child she married... :laugh:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think by the time the Motrin would kick in, the problem would already be resolving. This one lasted about a 1/2 hour. That's probably the longest it's ever lingered. If they were running an hour or more, I'd consider the Motrin though.

witzend

I used to get those but haven't had them in quite some time. I'm not sure what it is that made them stop. I was lucky enough that I would just feel the weird eye pressure, and once the little x's worked their way across my eye, which took about 15 - 20 minutes that was the end of it.