UGH!

witzend

L moved last Saturday from her boyfriend's house to her first apartment, as you may remember. She picked up a new sofa on Wednesday. Thursday I sent her an e-mail asking how that went. This is her reply:

<span style="color: #CC0000">Good, and the young man that helped me, really good : ) Total sweetheart. We had met up for drinks for about an hour and a half last Sunday, and he offered to help me move in the couch. He's a history teacher at XXX, and Coaches Football at some other HS there.

We've been talking everyday, and so far it's going really well.
Wasn't expecting to find anyone so soon, but it will be interesting to see where this goes.

~L </span>

Big sigh...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((hugs)))

Look on the bright side, at least the guy has an education and a decent job.

Nichole got a visit this weekend from a boy who has been head over heels for her for years. Nice boy, would treat her like a princess, definately NOT a difficult child. Nichole never believed me that this male friend had it bad for her. (please, he'd do anything in the world for her)

Turns out that he is now a HUNK, and STILL has deep feelings for her. No, he never says a word, you can just see it in the way he looks at her. lol And Nichole finally saw it herself. But he has a girlfriend and she's with jerk. :slap:

Youth is wasted on the young. Ugh! :faint:

Take deep breaths.

Hugs

witzend

The last one had an education and a decent job, too! She wouldn't date anyone with less. Because she's not got either! As though she gets their cred by default or something!

She didn't even last a day without a guy. Sheesh!

goldenguru

Heh Witz-

I think young adults this age feel a great deal of pressure (cultural, family) to be in a relationship. Don't you??

My son is almost 22 and admits that he gets a little panicked about the fact that he is still single. Several of his friends are getting married and some are in long term relationships.

Perhaps your daughter is feeling the same pressures.

busywend

She is in need of some self esteem my friend.

It seems it will be some time before she realizes this for herself.

KFld

There are many people out there like that. My easy child daughter gets so disgusted with many of her friends because they can't go without a boyfriend and would never dream of breaking up with one before they found another, or if someone breaks up with them they are immediatley out hunting for a new one.

Just sit back and don't worry about it. There is nothing you can do about it anyway, and hey you never know, my difficult child met someone less then 3 months ago, she is wonderful, they now have an apartment together already and they are like two peas in a pod. I do believe there is such thing as love at first sight.

Sit back and see what happens.

Sunlight

she must be a real charmer...lol
ant never goes a day without a women. he said he was with 600 of them. I bet that is a close estimate. yuck.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Because God FORBID she not have a boyfriend and actually be by herself for a little while. Eeeerrrrgggghhhh. My blood boils because it reminds me so much of my difficult child. She has to figure it out on her own I guess, as always.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Rob went/lived with the same girl for over 4 years. They were a disaster together but they stuck it out over lots of hard times, I give them that. Nevertheless....he couldn't break up with her until he found her cheating, AND, he had already found a new girlfriend.

:hammer:

Suz

witzend

Thanks, all. I'm not really worried. Just disappointed that she didn't even make it one day. Of course, it dawned on me last night that

"We met for drinks for an hour and a half on Sunday" (having moved out of her boyfriend's on Saturday)

meant that she already had the date before she moved out. This is totally the way her dad operates, too. He's a successful attorney, but heaven forbid he doesn't have at least one woman he's dating seriously, and at least another one on the side.

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because God FORBID she not have a boyfriend and actually be by herself for a little while. Eeeerrrrgggghhhh. My blood boils because it reminds me so much of my difficult child. She has to figure it out on her own I guess, as always. </div></div>

hey, thats starting to sound like my husband :rofl: