Uh oh

T

toughlovin

Ugh... saw something on difficult children facebook page that makes me strongly think he smoking pot again.... or spice.... I believe he is getting drug tested by probation so that is just really stupid... of course spice doesnt show up I don't think. I think about saying something to him, or to his girlfriend or to his probation officer.... and then I think NO it is time to stay out of it and let things fall where they may. Ugh... makes me anxious though and I need to not get caught up in my worries and wish that he would just truly get and stay sober. Darn and our meeting yesterday was so good.... of course I haven't heard from him since. :(

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Deep breaths. I would agree that staying out of it is best ... his choices, his consequences. Hang in there.

Nancy

I wouldn't say anything either. I was one to always say something, make her face the music, not wait for things to happen by themselves. It caused our relationship to really suffer and never did really speed recovery up at all. Once she left our house and I no longer knew what she did but only saw glimpses on fb I gave it up and waited for her to hit bottom, which hopefully she may have done. But I finally decided there wasn't a darn thing I could do to fix things.

If he is doing pot or spice it will catch up with him, you know the slippery slope. I hope it isn't true but if it is it's his to deal with. Be thankful he isn't in your home.

Nancy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
This is why none of my kids are friends on Facebook - at their ages, best I don't know whats up with them and so can contently be "clueless"

Marcie

T

toughlovin

Thanks all..... yeah I am going to try and keep my mouth shut. I just think that is better for our relationship and my saying something won't make any difference anyways... I just need to keep my two goals in mind. I did hear from him today about when he can come over and pick up some stuff... It feels better when I hear from him. I probably should stop looking at FB... I saw something else today that kind of bugs me. He is so dumb what he puts there. I don't comment at all because then he will unfriend me... I like to keep an eye on it just because it gives me a clue.... but for my own sanity at some point I may have to give that up.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((hugs))

Natural consequences keep you from being the bad guy.

I'm fb friends with all my kids. (heck many board aunties are fb friends with my kids lol) But they tell me everything anyway......so wouldn't really make a difference if I didn't friend them.