Uhmm..Runaway- did you know this?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay well I have -------

No one who wants to be my friend.....
No one who lives close to me.....Although Janet and Witz are like 2.5 hours away - I don't see a sexy picture anywhere.
I wouldnt know an algorythm if it bit me in the.....Oh look at that a butterfl.......OH a shiney thing....Is that a donkey? .........Oh a flow......yup it's like that in my head - gorythym.......what? ?
And donnas woman is named taylor? Tailor? How odd.

This is such a strange post......even the Florida chick got to see the ad. But not the florida chick way down in Florida.....she blocked the fox. Got it - I want a fox blocker too. (note to self get a fox blocker)

I still don't have rythm. Al Gores or anyone elses.

buddy

I have no ads (not complaining) and dont remember setting anything...

Now if my stupid keyboard would settle down...not an internet thing but making life difficult!

keista

The algorithm Google uses is indeed interest based, but the ppl paying for the ad placement also get to determine what constitutes interest in their ads via tags and keywords. the more they pay for the ad and more keywords and tags they use, the more it's gonna show up even if it's completely irrelevant to you. Some of these advertisers like to shoot in the dark.

I think there's ad-block add-ons for IE and Chrome as well.

donna723

From the original post ...

"(I don't mean someone from the CD board is TAILORING them- I am wondering if google or FB can TAILOR them. It's asking if the user wants to befriend her on FB.)"

It says this and then I get ads about "tailoring" mens suits! It's just picking up words from the post and showing ads that relate to that word.

InsaneCdn

Keep in mind that everytime an ad is downloaded from the CD site to your computer - not if you click on it, or read it or even know it is there - just having it "arrive" generates funding for the CD board...

donna723

:rofl:

This morning I too had the ad with the "friendly" blonde who wants to be everybody's Facebook friend! I've seen it pop up before on other sites but this is the first time it was on the CD board.

But here's the scary part! The first ad said she was "only 3.5 miles away!" This one said she was "only 2.8 miles away!"

She's closing in on us, folks! :beafraid:

keista

Keep in mind that everytime an ad is downloaded from the CD site to your computer - not if you click on it, or read it or even know it is there - just having it "arrive" generates funding for the CD board...
I don't see how. Besides, it still arrives, I just don't see it.

I noticed on explorer I have the ads but not chrome....did I do that???
Yes, you probably did.

Interestingly... At work I have nothing... Hmm.
They probably have system-wide ad-blockers. Get any ads on Facebook?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I was sort of feeling left out because I don't see any ads. Just figured out when I look at the Forums individually, I do get ads about Russian brides. I normally go in under What's New, all of the forums and latest posts are listed and I don't get ads.

Have been sitting here wondering where I was on the web where google thinks I would be interested in Russan women

Marcie

Fran

Former desparate mom
I hope every visit to the cd site generates something for the site. It's a labor intensive,expensive endeavor and anything I can do to help is ok with me. 6 yrs as owner makes me hope that runaway is getting some assistance. If she has any shopping ads that will help, hope she let's me know. I'll be happy to use it. I tend to just go to the forums and not venture much farther. Runaway, let us know how we can help support the site.
I haven't noticed anyone wanting to be my Russian bride but if I'm looking for a specific item, it does show up on the cd site as an ad.

Those of us who aren't very computer saavy may need more direct instructions. LOL.

DDD

Donna, I'm going to make sure Ace if "on alert" (sigh, he has not clue), going to lock the windows and doors. Geez, my old husband might be thrilled by that broad showing up but I don't need the stress. LOL DDD