Um...the virtue of household chores?

Steely

Seriously, where does it all get us?

The laundry, always gets dirty again.

The coffee table always gets littered again.

The animal fur always re-applies itself to some other surface.

The dishes always get dirty again.

The tub always gets a ring again.

I feel like a rat in a cage on days like this. I work all day, on my day off, for what? To do it all over again the next day? And yet, there are no other choices.
Sigh.
So, tired, and wishing I had a maid! :faint:
Or a difficult child who loves to keep the house clean, and NO is not his middle name.
Or maybe a stay at home "house husband"? Can I rent those?

Oh! My favorite part!
My puppy chewed 2 of the vertical slats off of the blinds in the living room, and ate the crotch out of my new blue jeans.
Sigh, again.:biting:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Steely, don't get me started. Yesterday was husband's day off. Actually, he has more than one, but *I* was at work all day. When I left in the morning the house was clean, laundry done, etc.

I come home at the end of the day and he's out having a beer with friends. Not a problem...I like the quiet house. But when I walk in, it looks like a tornado went through here. I REFUSE to clean up.:mad:

Today is *MY* day off and I'm not cleaning up. This is not a flipping hotel.

tryinghard

LMAO!!!!

I am sorry to say that BUT I so know exactly what you are talking about! I am so tired of being the only one in my home that cares what it looks like.

I am so tired......

It reminds me of the commercial,"What do you think this is...Holiday Inn" LOL

mstang67chic

Going Green
If you want, I could send my difficult child your way the next time he gets manic. He tends to be a bit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and cleans when he's manic. Granted, his version of cleaning is to throw half of your stuff away but still. He's yours if you want him!

F

flutterbee

I want a self-cleaning house and self-cleaning laundry, animals that don't shed and a daughter that knows how to open the dishwasher.

witzend

I finally gave up and hired a lady to come in twice a month to do a thorough cleaning. I just plain can not physically do it anymore, and it's just a never ending nag session before, during and after to get husband to do it. We both had to take cuts in our allowances to help pay for it. I hope that we will continue to be able to afford it. It's really nice. I can do the pick up the papers and stuff once or twice a week. husband does the dinner dishes. Sort of. I run the vacuum real quick when the dog hair starts looking like mice in the corners. But sweep, mop, dust, bathrooms? No way.

Abbey

Spork Queen
That's the problem. When husband decides it's cleaning day...everyone must be on charge. He has this unique way of finding that one day when it's my ONE DAY OFF. :angry-very:

I just want to sit back, maybe make a nice dinner and read a book. Nada. Just finished that today. Oh, I will so love to go to work tomorrow.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The laundry, always gets dirty again.

The coffee table always gets littered again.

The animal fur always re-applies itself to some other surface.

The dishes always get dirty again.

The tub always gets a ring again.

I used just about the same words on my mother when I was about 12. I wound up across the room, wham! "I said so" was more than good enough for me. :rofl:

I think the world would stop spinning on it's axis if someone around here actually lifted a finger without being threatened with bodily harm. ugh

And it is horrifying how fast they can distroy a room it took 4 hours to clean.:biting:

F

flutterbee

When the kids were going to my mom's for the weekend...that's when I would really, really clean. I probably should have been relaxing or doing something with friends, but it was sooooo nice to clean the house and have it STAY clean for more than 15 minutes. I would just sit on the couch and admire my clean house.

Then the kids would come home. Sigh. I knew I should have never taught them their address. :rofl:

KTMom91

I have no storage space, no closet room, and no cooperation. Hubby's a piler...his idea of cleaning is to make neat little piles and/or put everything in paper shopping bags. Miss KT then unpiles, because she put something somewhere and can't find it, yelling all the way. Then my Jack Russell runs through the house with his toy squirrel and scatters all the unpiles. Then I get PO'd.

I hate to clean.

Abbey

Spork Queen
My husband has at any given time 5 piles of clothes laying around. Then, he has a hissy fit because he doesn't have anything clean to wear. I have this new invention called a CLOTHES BASKET but he's resistant to the new technology. Since he doesn't know where the laundry room is, and can't figure out the basket, he is frequently without clean clothes.

Abbey

trinityroyal

I have this new invention called a CLOTHES BASKET but he's resistant to the new technology. Since he doesn't know where the laundry room is, and can't figure out the basket, he is frequently without clean clothes.
:rofl:

Everyone in my house has a bad case of Flat Surface Syndrome. If there's a flat surface, then it's a place to pile stuff. Tabletops, chair seats, the floor...wherever. I have been working really hard to cure everyone of this by throwing away anything I find on a flat surface that doesn't actually form part of a storage device.

Then there's difficult child, who has set a new land-speed record for room devastation. difficult child can destroy a room in about 30 seconds flat. He's like a magpie, leaving a trail of broken shiny objects everywhere he goes.

About 3 years ago, I finally gave up and hired someone to come in and clean. If it means I have to work some overtime in order to pay her bill, it's well worth it to save my sanity.

susiestar

Roll With It
With the health problems, I have had to settle for things I would NEVER have tolerated before. My house is GROSS. BUt I just plain can't do it. Jessie does a LOT (and is handsomely rewarded by getting to do pretty much what she wants with her friends - financed by us. AND she gets new movies from us quite frequently). thank you does as little as he can get away with.

My husband jsut does not SEE the dirt. To him cleaning the kitchen means loading the dishwasher. If it does not go in the dishwasher, it can't be cleaned (in his mind). I do wipe counters, sweep, etc as often as I can.

But NO ONE can come over - the house is just too yucky. I really try, but my efforts are often in vain. The kids walk by and any clean I created is GONE.

Housework Hoovers.

Abbey

Spork Queen
My husband jsut does not SEE the dirt. To him cleaning the kitchen means loading the dishwasher.

He knows you have a dishwasher??? My husband has yet to find ours. His idea of doing dishes is filling the sink with HIS (mine are already in the dishwasher) dirty dishes and then letting them sit for a few days. Ewww....:surprise: Keep in mind the dishwasher is a mere 1 inch away.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My husband did dishes on Saturday. I was running between an injured horse and putting a started in the truck....so... But its a first.

What kills me is he will scream endlessly about the kids not picking their stuff up and his idea of making the bed is making sure the comforter isn't on the floor. Last night I put away all the laundry but his socks, undies, and t-shirts and where did they end up? t-shirts are on the quilt rack. Socks and undies are on the couch.

Just gets my goat, tho, when he screams at the kids. They may not pick up perfectly, but at least they aren't OVER 40 and doing it!