Unbeleivably dumb difficult child question!

donna723

It could be a prank, but don't bet on it! When we were seniors in high school, there was a girl in our class who believed that you could get pregnant by kissing! Seriously! She was not MR but was a pretty sad case anyway and kids can be cruel. The boys used to chase her around just to see her get hysterical and run ... last I heard she had four children so I guess she figured it out. Or maybe not!

You have no idea how much ignorance is out there! As you all know, I work in a prison, and I will never forget a conversation I overheard between two inmates as I was walking through the compound one day. These are grown men, folks! One inmate was saying to the other, "Yeah, she says it's my baby but I don't believe it! We only did it ONCE!"

Last edited:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I can remember when I was MUCH younger, that some girls believed you couldn't get pregnant on the first time--you can believe the boys took advantage of that belief, too.

DammitJanet

Yes there can be plenty of dumb young girls out there.

I ran into one when I was in jr high. Now I wasnt the most savvy person at 14 but I did at least know biology pretty well. At least reproduction. This girl actually told me that she was having sex with a boy who was getting a period and he discharged just like she did!

OKAY!!!!!

She thought this was perfectly normal because he told her it was. He said they made pads for it too. OMG!

I told her this wasnt true, it wasnt normal and she needed to go straight to the health dept or her gyn. The boy was sick...lol.

OMG...what a dummy.

muttmeister

Well, my first impression was that it was probably a joke but I taught school for a lot of years and I know there is a lot of misinformation out there and also there are a lot of clueless kids out there. Yet a lot of people are violently opposed to any kind of sex education in our schools. I don't mean to be controversial and I am not espousing any particular point of view (abstinence only, handing out birth control devices, or anything in between) but I do believe with all my heart we are doing our kids a huge disservice by avoiding the subject. Adults need to get their act together and figure out SOMETHING so that kids are not totally in the dark the way some of them are now.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The weird thing is that nearly thirty years ago, I HAD to take "hygiene" classes in school. They were split up with girls and boys in seperate classrooms. I don't know what was included in the boys' classes, but I can assure you that our classes did include "sex education".

It seems strange to me that we're teaching less about this important subject now, than we did when I was a 'tween'.