Unbelievable! Some Good News (for a Change!)

H

HaoZi

Strike me senseless, you finally got someone with some sense who knows what to do! :bravo:

TerryJ2

Yaaaay! Woo hoo!!!

Fingers crossed that she can work some magic and create real results and progress for you and for her "superiors" and co-workers. She is only one person and I hope she doesn't get burned out. I'd be feeding her choco covered strawberries and giving her shoulder massages and trying to get her to move in, LOL!

DDD

:bravo: I can't explain how delighted I am for you and your family. You've done an outstanding job of surviving the idiots and staying focused on the end goal. Star Is right you have earned extra recognition on your Warrior Mom outfit. DDD

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
DF, I'm so glad to read this update, excellent news! Now is the time to "make friends" with this remarkable woman & use her as your advocate to the others on your team. The more you open up to someone like this, the more honest you are, the more you show how much you've tried with your difficult child the more seriously you're taken.

wm was entered into the MST program here, sadly, he flunked out. I'm not sure how anyone can flunk (the better word may be kicked) out of MST ~ but wm managed. I've tried to get kt into MST, but husband balked.

I've been dealing with all the "yahoos" in the layers of services since the tweedles were 8. Once you get that one person who will advocate your life will get easier. difficult child, on the other hand, will be expected to comply & learn the new skills; there will be an initial fallout at home. Just a gentle warning.

DammitJanet

Oh I am so thrilled for you! I was hoping you would get something like this. I must have forgotten to use the words MST to you. Dont know why I didnt...sigh. It will be so worth it. It is basically what we had for Cory when I got the Willie M program. MST is hard work for the whole family but it can do so much good. I think this is what you guys need. Wonderful!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh I am so thrilled for you! I was hoping you would get something like this. I must have forgotten to use the words MST to you. Dont know why I didnt...sigh. It will be so worth it. It is basically what we had for Cory when I got the Willie M program. MST is hard work for the whole family but it can do so much good. I think this is what you guys need. Wonderful!

Janet--

I don't remember exactly which thread....but you DID say "MST"...

The problem we had was the state seemed to change from a position of "the parents need to be involved with the child's care" to "we don't need your input, we will decide what is best"... We were cut out of the loop, as it were, and were not able to ask for anything after that big meeting with the regional manager.