underage

Here another question. , I know for a fact that this 26 year old man is buying my son booze.....what would you do I'm about to get him so fired what you all think

InsaneCdn

If it isn't this fellow buying it, there will be someone else. These kids know how to find the people who will do what they want.

BusynMember

I would report it. He doesn't need to be buying your son or any minor alcohol. Whether or not your son finds another source in my opinion is irrelevant. This guy will probsbly be one less creep buying alcohol for minors.
I reported the 35 year old creep who introduced my minor daughter to meth. She still used it, but he was on parole when I reported this and he got into additional trouble, which he deserved. It was about him messing with a sixteen year old, not about stopping my daughter from using. Apparently he often sold to minors. One less jerk free to play with under agers.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Wendy, I have been offered everything from enough of various drugs to get high, to sex, to fifty dollars cash, to buy liquor for underage drinkers.

I used to hate stopping for cigarettes at any of the convenience stores near my house in Chicago on my way to work because of this.

A couple of days after I moved into my apartment in Milwaukee metro, I ran to a convenience store for milk, and darned if the same thing didn't happen.

I've also been asked to buy "dust-off" (canned air cleaning spray for electronics) for a minor on my way into an Office Max.

AppleCori

Wendy,

Yes, yes, yes, please report this creep who buys underage kids alcohol! He should not be allowed to continue exploiting minors.

I haven't gotten around to saying "hi" to you yet, so....

Welcome to the forum!

Apple

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I notify the police in writing, along with a cc to the franchise owner or company if a corporate store. The biggest issue is to clear away the crowds of underage kids hanging out in the parking lots of these stores/gas statiions.

It's store management's responsibility to keep the lots secure. Store management can't, and shouldn't be expected to, determine which adults are buying for personal consumption and which are buying for minors.

Praecepta

What I don't get is WHY adults would buy or provide alcohol to minors?

In one case I knew a guy who was providing beer to his younger brother! Does he not care about his brother? Or is he just too stupid to understand he is hurting him?

In any case, it is a LOSE, LOSE, LOSE situation. Addiction for minor, car accident when driving by the minor - possible death due to driving with poor judgement and being intoxicated. And the adult can go to jail / be in BIG legal trouble!

I just don't get why someone would do this????

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
It's usually not older adults buying booze for kids; it's young adults who aren't far from 21. They remember being too young to drink.

The other motivators are that these groups of kids often offer enough of desireable pills (Xanax or oxycodone for example) to get good and high on, or offer an attractive some of money.

IL and WI will suspend your driver's license if you are convicted of purchasing alcohol/cigarettes/controlled inhalants/controlled cough syrups (for DXM) for those under legal age to purchase.

I was not old enough to drink when husband and I moved in together. He bought liquor that both of us consumed, but it was on the level of a beer after work. Neither of us were heavy drinkers, though husband was quite the pothead until he went into the Army.

Nancy

I am glad you reported it. I did the same each and every time I learned about someone selling alcohol to my underage daughter. I realize there will always be someone who will take their place but it was the principle of the thing.

Roxona

Glad you reported it. Hopefully, this guy will learn his lesson and stop buying for under aged kids. By the way, what he did is a felony in the state I live in.