Unemployment hearing and new job - lol!

Star*

call 911........call 911
First of all thanks so much for all the well wishes regarding the Unemployment hearing. I won't know for a few days how the ruling will go. Badwill did show up and you can't believe how incredibly formal the hearings really are. It was quite intimidating. (I'm not easily intimidated either) Badwill (hence forth known as BW) I figured would bring my manager. I'm guessing it went well. I made a very excellent presentation and turned in a folder of information to the judge. He even dismissed one of BW's charges against me. THAT made the HR lady pretty mad. The other charge it seemed like I did a very good job presenting my case that BW did NOT follow their own policy for months and months - and I'd never been written up - so why fire me? They said "quote" We didn't know who called LP to report Star - we just listened to what they had to say and watched the tapes, and made a decision based on what the caller said. OMG - that was it right there. I TOLD the judge they knew who the caller was, that she had it out for me, that she was supposed to be training me, that she was feeding me bad intel to GET me fired, and ultimately DID. DF walked out behind her and he said HR was not happy at all. He believes I have won. I said well - it did go well, but the law is the law and that's what he has to base this all on. So we shall see. I kinda felt like I won too. I hope so. I need a new car to get to my new job. hehe.

I interviewed with the City that morning before all that junk above for a 911 call-taker job. They called me TODAY. Seems like a really neat job, with benefits, training, support - and while the hours are weird 12 hour shifts - the people are awesome. Lots of pre-to do's but if I pass those? I start in about three weeks.

Last edited:

InsaneCdn

Starbie...
Did you say 911 intake?
Seriously?

Oh, Star. With your background in "crisis"... you bring so much to the table.
I hope they hand it to you on a silver platter.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well thank you ---- I kept singing in my head - NO body knows the TrUFFLES I've seen - but like Sheldon did from that show with the smart guys and the cute chick ........I only told them about loosing 2 sons....and having our home burn twice, I never said anything else about the rest of the junk. Hadn't really thought about it but I guess I have a lot of crisis experience to draw from. giggles I get FREE training for 10 weeks too! And a certificate and uniform with a badge!

In like six months you can up train and get raises, and it's just lots of room for advancement and more pay. I liked that. They asked me what motivates me - I said MONEY. (because I have none) SNORT.

InsaneCdn

Star? Really? you think money motivates you?
<sigh>
I don't.

You need money. Up to "comfortable" (not rich), you need money.
After that? There's more to life. Even for the ones that don't think so.

JMO, but... I'd say you're far more driven by what you get back from helping others.

donna723

Sounds like the unemp. hearing went really well! And I think you would make an absolutely AWESOME 911 operator! Prayers being said and fingers being crossed that both of these work out for you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I certainly hope karma has landed you the perfect job. It sounds pretty awesome. :)

It does sound as if the hearing went well and you won. The law might be the law, but hon, company didn't follow it's own rules.......under those circumstances, I'm not sure the law applies. And IF you won, I imagine things are going to be a tad uncomfortable for Ms. YouKnowWho at the very least. But regardless.....you gave it your best shot.

janie

New Zealand
Hi Star*,
I hope you win the employment case.
Congrats on the new job - you will excell at it ....
I thought of you today - husband and I went on a 15km walk along one of the bike trails that runs through orhcards and vineyards - so beautiful - and I saw 2 donkeys one cream and one chocolate - I took a photo with my phone but they were the opposite end of the paddock I was standing near - I will email it to you if it turns out! :)
Have a brilliant weekend ahead.
:)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Starbie... Dismissing ANYTHING BW did says you probably DID win. Regardless, sounds like you did great anyway!

As for the 911 job... In 6 months you'll be training others all over the country. Heaven knows you've talked ME down, and lots of others here!!!

buddy

so glad it all looks so promising. Hate to feel this, but I do hope that chick gets what's coming to her.

LittleDudesMom

Star, great news on the potential job! You will get through the "pre to-dos" with no problem.

Sounds like the hearing went well - as an employer who has been through many hearings (none of mine have gone to the "physical" level, our state does phone hearings through the second contest), the heaviest burden is always on the employer. The laws really are favorable to the employee.

Sharon

DDD

WOW! I can not believe that you had TWO great experiences this week. How cool is that? I'm grinning ear to ear because your post is full of hope. Awesome, my friend. DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Star--

You'd be perfect for the 911 call center. It's all about handling crises with calm - I can't imagine what a caller would have to report to get you rattled!

Even if you DON'T win the court case - we are very proud of you!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Oh Star! I've got tears in my eyes!!:9-07tears: You have no idea how hard I've been thinking on all this about you and your situation. All the unknown (that I know you don't share) and feel it (that connection) and wanting to do something, anything that I can to help you. Sitting her thinking what can I do to help, anything somhow? All I can do is send off my little envelope weekly to you and know that it some small way it does help unless and until I might think up some other small think to do to help you (and believe me I have thought of many things but some I've dismissed because, well, frankly some people would take offense and it's a matter of pride and I'd never want you to feel that way Know what I mean??). Anyhoo.........

I just knew it was only a matter of time that something really good was going to come along and happen to you, our Starbie! I do believe with all my heart that you won your case and that this job will be yours. This is a very good one for you. You've learned how to detach from things so you will not be pulled into the crisis on the phones and you will "act" not react to the calls. I believe we will someday here about our beloved Star in the news. Yes, we will!! All good things come to those who wait and to good people and your ARE good people Star.

I'm so utterly over the moon happy for you. I will be eagerly waiting for the next posts that say you won and that you have the job. I know I will see it. Post it BIG and BRIGHT!!!:D

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Star I could not be more happy for you, like all your other friends here, I am smiling from ear to ear too. This is a wonderful turn of events and makes me think again, that the power of the board Ju Ju works in mysterious and amazing and perfect ways. And also your courage and conviction in doing the right thing seems to have greased your path to a better job. I am sending you big hugs and the very best of wishes for this job to fall into your lap easily and quickly. Then when you look back on all this, you can say that BW actually did you a favor in putting you in a much better place!