Unemployment hearing and new job - lol!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thank you everyone - I appreciate the encouraging notes and love.

I did tell the interviewers that I have been told (and whether it's true or not I'm not exactly sure) that I have an innate ability to hone in on peoples issues and then can draw on so many experiences in my life, relate to them, talk to them and give (okay sometimes) unbiased advice. I'll have to admit animal abuse gets under my last raw nerve with no love loss. But like anyone else - I can get rattled. After life with x, Xfamily, X mother in law, and well pretty much my own stupid stunts, and Dude (lets not forget his shenanigans) and whatever life throws at you? Its all been an opportunity. I used to look at it like OMG not me. Now I look at it like - HOly smokes - you think I"m tough enough? Okay...I may need a little help in the patience department, but alright lets rock. Then use it all for experiences to HELP others. THAT's the awesomeness of life to me. I'm not saying I can fully appreciate everything because I'm human - that makes me petty, small minded, selfish, stingy - on a very basic level - and I have to work very hard to overcome all those things EVERY SINGLE DAY. But I try - and I fail - and I try and that to me is progress - not perfection. I'll never be perfect - I'm a work in progress, not a work in perfection.

Sharon - I appreciate your words about the unemployment hearings, and had hoped they'd just be there by phone, but knew once I signed in and saw their signatures it was going to be fun. They had told me when I originally filed for unemployment - and mind you I didn't origninally file - I was looking for a job, trying to log on to the computers and the staff made me file. From there I was told BW would just send in their report which consisted of my statement,and that was it. What a farce. They had sent in NINE pages of testimony. I wasn't allowed to see what they sent, but I believe it worked against their case. too much information and they were not prepared with their own rules. For someone who teaches these rules in orientation ALL THE TIME to people TWICE (as the fact that she drove home trying to prove I was educated to the rules) she didn't know them by heart. I did. I could rattle them off verbatim. When the judge asked me about the second violation I was written up for I didn't know that rule even EXISTED and tha I was even written up for it. I don't remember it being on the form I signed - I remember them telling me my credit card was the violation. My ringing DF up was, and putting the pictures out on the sales floor was - WELL that was another gray area. What I was told/taught and what I did? Didn't seem like a bad thing to me - I was trying to make the company money, keep TWO managers happy - and get a bonus for everyone. HOW is that being a bad person? I was told by the manager in question there were LOOPHOLES. I said that, I meant it and I didn't mean to get her in trouble but on the same side of the token - she MEANT to cause me to get fired. I would imagine yes, that they went back and had a very intense meeting with Ms. I made up the rules for Star as I went to confuse her. The judge asked me WHY didn't I question her on the rules and I said - I never got in trouble with my boss - WHY would I ask my boss if I was in trouble? (thinking in myhead DUH) I just said Well she was my manager, my boss - WHY would she tell me bad rules? I had no reason to doubt her. I said she was also the safety manager. SOooooo (then I shrugged) and I said I'm shrugging. lol.

Insane - I am motivated by money. Sad but true. If you knew what i'd been doing recently to try to stay afloat? You'd know that statement was not a lie. I have a dream long term to be a philanthropist. I want very badly - probably more than anything in the world - to take money - and DO THINGS to help people secretly - so while I didn't tell false - you're right too. I would LOVE to be able to do things like peruse Craigslist and see things ---like yesterday a woman put an ad on there saying I'm 26 in a wheelchair on oxygen and disability -I just moved into a trailer and I need a wheelchair ramp but can't afford it. Can someone help? I'd like to have a group of people working with me that would say - OKAY we have lumber over here, or we have an organization that does ramps - or HEY give Sam $120 dollars and send him to Lowes and get him to build her a ramp and do NOT tell her where we're from - and get the crew pizza, make sure she has food - and a nice van....(HUGE SMILE) and while you're there? Someone take her shoppign for the day and get her a manicure, and take her out for a spa day, and lunch - stuff like that. Make sure her animal was caught up on it's vet bills stuff. OR for people who had kids in the system - that needed gas money to go see them - I'ms ure there are thousands of people that need help - for things that are legitimate and they wouldn't want the moon - just this ONE thing that would help so much. Like a guy who needed tires to get back and forth to work. I want to do things like THAT make a difference with my life. And since I don't have money? I want it - Since I can help ?? I do what I can. If you had any idea how poor in purse we are you'd laugh with us - I'm richer in spirit than any 100 people I know - so the blessing balances out. But it keeps me wanting. Make sense? And money isn't everything - I get that - but BOY there are things I'd sure like to have just to GET to comfortable. lol.

Tia - Tia my love. My monkey shines laughter girl.....If you knew or had ANY idea what that little envelope you send to me every week does for me and my family? OMW!!!! I was thinking of you the other day. I think of you a LOT - but I saw the terra cotta pot - remember the MOthersday flower? I still have the pot and it just makes me smile when I see it. I love that pot. I'm able to do so much with what you send - you have no idea. I lost your list too, but I saw a stoneybrook the other day and I thought - was that one of the ones she wants? Can't remember. Me and Frits - I think Fritz is on vacation. lol. But you have no idea what that envelope means to me - that and DF slaughters your last name EVERY SINGLE time he hands me the envelope - it's become a fun thing for him to do. I don't laugh - it's his little guilty pleasure now. UGH.

RA - I know BW put me in a better place. I told you - I haven't stopped praying for the evil one -snicker. Her guilt woudl be her own if she had any - but now she's going after the store manager. I just shook my head. She learned NOTHING. I'm loosing my home - and she knows it - and still doesn't care or batt an eyelash over the deal. There is something very wrong with someone who has no remorse about how she treats people and is supposedly looking to manage people. Yet - they are STILL catering to her whining, and carrying on. I'm amazed. I asked one of the employees who was telling me - "I think BW would -since theyare SO big on stealing - consider her behavior and antics and waste of company time a COMPANY THEFT. all the people she involves in her scharades, tyrades, and bs. " But the problem is - she wanted the job they gave me, and now she can't do it. So in order to deflect that fact she's making it out to be like everyone is picking on her since I left. OMG - NO ONE has said a word. And why would they PICK on her since I left? She had nothing to do with it? - and they really couldn't care less. Really. She just doesn't have anyone to 'run' with. They all know now she's the company snitch. It wasn't me - like she was telling them......it is HER. So yeah - she painted herself into a corner and doesn't like being alone. Too bad. She has some nice qualities, it's just her bad ones overshadow them all making her not so pleasurable to work with.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Star, you are already a philanthropist, you give out so much to us, and I know you are like that with everyone, the compassion and thoughtfulness you offer is life changing for others. Your life experience has given you innate tools to be able to hone in on others issues and offer the exact support needed in that moment. Earlier on another thread I was posting about learning compassion as a result of suffering and while I was writing it about myself and what I've learned, I was thinking of you.

I am motivated by service, however, I have the same kinds of dreams as you do, to help others. And clearly, money makes a difference. I have often thought about being able to have a wealthy benefactor who would assist me in putting together a program which would essentially do what you are talking about, offer a helping hand to those who really need it, without all the bureaucratic and/or greedy nonsense, and to do it anonymously. Just be the channel by which others get the help they require. If a chunk of money comes my way, I'll contact you. We can put our heads together and make our own dream come true and help others do the same.

When I read your original post about your 911 job, my first reaction was, wow, how perfect, when people are in the absolute highest anxiety, confusion and fear, who will be their first contact, STAR!! With your remarkable ability to 'talk people down', you will make an enormous difference in that persons personal experience in that horrible moment. It's as if all your life experience will all come together and offer something not only perfectly designed but rich in compassion and genuine unconditional love. I am continually impressed with you and the path you are on and how you use all your painful experiences as tools to help others. I feel "rich in spirit" too, perhaps in that regard we are soul sisters. I think many of us on this board, who have gone to h#*ll and back are also sisters in that way. It's a unique sisterhood we have going on here!

witzend

Star, you know that husband's mother is a serious hoarder - dead animals, rotten food, junk piled high hoarder. His brother went to work for the City years ago, and when they had an opening in the Nuisance Bldg department, he applied and was hired specifically because he knew how bad it could get, and they knew it wouldn't freak him out to see things that would make most of us vomit. I think that your life experience is definitely a plus with the 911 job, and that you'll be great at it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well got the news today about the ruling........

I did not win. I guess I didn't loose either. Instead of being penalized 12 weeks - which means I wouldn't get any unemployment until May 12. The judge determined that a rule was broken, I did read the book, and while the burden lay with BW to teach it - and they taught wrong, the responsibility ULTIMATELY is mine reagardless of if the manager, or store manager is teaching me. EVEN IF she stood there and watched me do it wrong, then reported it. HOWEVER - Because of that? They said they decided to penalize me 8 weeks which means I should start getting SOME money in soon. There was some other wording I didn't understand that sai something about my premium was going to be lower. OMG does that mean instead of $100 a week I now get $20 a week? Wonderful. So that makes up for the four weeks they're giving me? ROFLMAO.

Sigh - Well it was worth a shot - and if nothing else - I fought the good fight and I know who was honest about it. ME.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Something is better than nothing. Most likely they wanted to give it to you. (certainly sounds like it) But they could only go so far. You gave it your best shot and showed BW that not everyone is going to take their bull lying down. So, who knows, maybe this was more about them changing how they'll treat their employees from now on instead of you getting your full benefits.

We'll just have to get the board juju / vibe thing going for your dream job. :)

((hugs))

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm sorry Star. You did your best, you told the truth, you were honorable, seems like a draw. Hopefully money will be coming in soon, and you will get the 911 job. Following Hound Dog, I'm sending my No. CA. special prayers and very best wishes to you for your new job............:money:

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, I know it seems like a draw, but from what I know of BW, they consider it a loss and they do NOT like losing. They will be on a hunt to weed out anything that could in the future cause them to lose in a case like this - and since everyone in the co knows that the one lady did it on purpose and is a snitch, someone will dime her out and they will go AFTER her. Even if they don't fire her because seh has something on someone, they will cut her pay, hours or something. That is how they operate. It is also why I won't shop at the one here. Of course ours is staffed by a group of prune faced women who always look like they just bit a lemon, and they are rude and don't clean anything but want more than most of the other thrift stores in town, so it isn't hard to avoid them.

To BW, ANY payment is a huge loss and they get angry at mgrs who do things that make them HAVE to pay.

As for trying to arrange what you want to do, are they any universities around you?

busywend

Congrats on the new job!! You will be GREEEEAAATTT! (think Tony the Tiger)!

Sorry about the BW thing, but now you can move past it and not let it take up any more space in your brain.

P

PatriotsGirl

Well got the news today about the ruling........

I did not win. I guess I didn't loose either. Instead of being penalized 12 weeks - which means I wouldn't get any unemployment until May 12. The judge determined that a rule was broken, I did read the book, and while the burden lay with BW to teach it - and they taught wrong, the responsibility ULTIMATELY is mine reagardless of if the manager, or store manager is teaching me. EVEN IF she stood there and watched me do it wrong, then reported it. HOWEVER - Because of that? They said they decided to penalize me 8 weeks which means I should start getting SOME money in soon. There was some other wording I didn't understand that sai something about my premium was going to be lower. OMG does that mean instead of $100 a week I now get $20 a week? Wonderful. So that makes up for the four weeks they're giving me? ROFLMAO.

Sigh - Well it was worth a shot - and if nothing else - I fought the good fight and I know who was honest about it. ME.

You won in our eyes Star! And congratulations again on the new job!! You will be amazing!!

Star,

Sorry about the outcome but I am very, very proud of you for taking it all the way and standing up for yourself. You told the truth, you did what you had to do, and I hope it'll be easier for you to move forward because of that. The 911 job is a perfect job for you. In an emergency, I know I would breathe a sigh of relief if I knew you were on the other end of the phone.

Sending positive vibes, doing the nekkid chicken dance, staying pretzeled, praying you get it... SFR

InsaneCdn

There was some other wording I didn't understand that sai something about my premium was going to be lower. OMG does that mean instead of $100 a week I now get $20 a week? Wonderful. So that makes up for the four weeks they're giving me? ROFLMAO.
Premium is usually the part that YOU pay. SO, I'd be expecting that they are giving you MORE, not LESS. There's probably a base amount for UI, and then stuff gets deducted for "your fault"? In which case, the judge basically said it's less your-fault and more their-fault, so THEY pay more and YOU get more.
Just my take on it...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ummmmm.....Now that would be very, very cool. Okay - once again FRITZ gets it way wrong. LORD if there were a brains r us.....Lemme see what it says - and I type......

The Tribunal hereby holds the claimant disqualified from receiving behefits for eight weeks effective feb 19 trhrough april 14, 2012, along with a corresponding reduction in the maximum potential benefit amount upon a finding the claimant was discharged for cause. This decision modifies the determination mailed March 27, 2012.

I don't believe that means more money - lol....ugh.

It does say cause includes but is not limited to a violation of employer's reasonable rules or regulations, or a disregard for the standards of behavior that an employer ha a right to expect of an employee.

However, the Tribunal finds the facts as presented at the evidentiary hearing are not commensurate wtih the disqualification initially imposed. The claimant had no prior warnings or issues with her unemployment, she had conducted transactions in the past for her fiance' with a member of management present, and the employer acknowledged she had violated no other policies as they had previosly asserted. Therefore, the Tribunal finds a modification to the claimant's disq. is appropriate.

InsaneCdn

It still might be more $$. Definitely wouldn't be less. The over-all tone was in your favor, not against. They did NOT slam you. They reduced the number of weeks... I'm guessing $$ has to be same or more.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks. I spent a bunch of time on the phone today to see if someone could tell me what it meant - Nope. Has to be there, must come INTO the office. GOOD GRIEF. Um - did you get the part that said I've had NO MONEY in over 10 weeks? Could that mean NO GAS? (slaps head) And yet YOU are employed...and I'm still seeking employment.

S

Signorina

Star are you in NC? I can't tell while posting on my phone and my laptop is brain dead. ( Funeral tomorrow. Had to order a replacement I can ill afford buy am trying not to dwell on it bc I can't live with-out it, just pray the backup disk ain't blank)

Anywho -you can appeal the appeal. No new evidence can be presented BUT you can make an oral argument. Has to be filed in 30 days (if you are in NC)

Either party may appeal the Appeals Referee's decision to the Employment Security Commission. Although the Commission will not allow any new evidence or testimony to be introduced into the record, it may allow interested parties to make oral arguments. Normally, the Commission will issue a decision that either affirms or reverses the Appeals Referee's decision. However, the Commission may, on occasion, remand a case back to the Appeals Referee for additional testimony and/or a new decision.

I feel like since they upheld the fiancé part-you may have a chance... Just food for thought.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Signorina -

Sorry that you have to do a funeral. I'm so sorry. You have my sincere condolences.

I'm in South Carolina. Okay - so I can appeal THIS decision like - I say - OH I STILL don't think this is fair - I want ALL 12 weeks? Isnt' that kind of saying - Hey judge you're an idiot? And then GW can also come back and say - WE appeal the appeal and then I could LOOSE it ALL right? That's scary to me. Then in the mean time I get nothing?

I'm not exactly happy over the moon with gaining an additional 4 weeks - BUT it's something. HOWEVER - I thought I proved to the judge that THEY don't follow their own rule......and I did what I was told to do. Maybe I didn't do it well enough but the ruling is over a page long. I didn't type all of it over. Maybet when you get a minute I can PM you what it all says and you can tell me what you think? I'm going to take it to an attorney IF I can get one for free and see what he/she thinks. DF isn't happy. He thinks I should have won it all. Well me too - but I'm happy for money to start rolling in now - and HE is sure they're going to appeal it and get ALL their money back after they talk to THEIR attorneys. (I'd bet on that)