Ungrateful, spoiled rotten mumble, mumble, mumble

F

flutterbee

When difficult child makes me mutter to myself it's not good. :rofl:

She has her friend from school over. Last night difficult child stayed with a friend of mine and her stuff, including her laptop, was still there. difficult child is nagging me to go get it when she gets home. I ordered pizza for her and her friend. After it arrived, I left the girls home with easy child and ran to friends to get her stuff. Then I stopped at the store to pick up drinks and snacks for the girls. I get home, bring in the groceries and eat the sub I ordered with the pizza. I hadn't eaten and was starving. Notice that I went to get difficult child's things and snacks before I ate.

difficult child came downstairs and wants to know where her stuff is. I told her I had left in the car (not that it matters, but the car was in the garage for crying out loud). She starts stomping and yelling at me that her computer is in there and why was it left in the car. Then she says, no she yells, "How freaking hard is it to bring it in?" :grrr:

Remembering Just Keep Swimming's post, I stayed calm and told her all that I had done and that her tone and her words were completely inappropriate. She did have the decency to look chastised and apologized. It's a good thing, too. Rotten kid. :rolleyes:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You did a great job in handling that one. :thumb:

It's not easy when you go the extra mile for a difficult child and then get treated like that.

Hugs

Mikey

Psycho Gorilla Dad
Good job! I would have said something like "it's in the trunk. When you can speak to me in a civil manner, I'll give you the keys and you can go get it".

:devil:

My dear, beloved wife just did a similar thing with our little WEEDwacker. He's been told several times to clean his room. No luck there (and no surprise, either). This afternoon, wife calls him and says "no more clean laundry until your room is clean". He then complains that he didn't have any clean boxers, and had to go to school "free and breezy".

wife, with a smile on her face, used her best pre-school paraeducator voice and said "Oh my, that's too bad. It really is. What can we do about this?". And then waited. And waited....

What I wouldn't have given to see the expression on his face on the other end of the phone at that moment.

When his pants start get so ripe they can be used to fumigate a house in New Orleans' 9th Ward, I guess he'll clean his room.

(why isn't there a smiley icon for snickering for me to put here?)

But that's just me. I used to try the "civility and respect no matter what" thing, and all it did was make me more vulnerable to my difficult child's manipulations. Now, I'm still civil and polite, but I don't give an inch. I guess I watched one too many Benny Hill shows. He was truly the master of politely delivering sarcastic wit with a smile on his face. My hero!

Oh, wait, this was a thread about YOU and YOUR <mutter> <mutter> <mutter> difficult child. Sorry. Good job there!

:wink:

Mikey

Sheila

She did have the decency to look chastised and apologized.

Whew/phew! :whew: That's worth something.

Sometimes I think I'm going to end up with a callous on my tongue from biting it to keep from escalating a situation. Good job, mom!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I guess I watched one too many Benny Hill shows. He was truly the master of politely delivering sarcastic wit with a smile on his face. My hero!

Ahhhhh, Benny Hill. Lord how I loved that man. :rofl:

F

flutterbee

Thanks everyone. I was pleasantly surprised that she apologized. Otherwise, I would have been doing A LOT more muttering. I'm pretty sure some people think I'm a few crayons short of a box when they see me muttering to myself. :smile:

Mikey, honestly, your son is 17 years old. Well past the age where he can do his own laundry. I'm glad wife stood her ground, though. Good for her. :bravo: I'd be having a hard time working up any sympathy for him over his boxers issue. I guess you're going to find out just how stubborn Sir Pots a Lot is. It should prove interesting. If he does clean his room and wife does his laundry, she may want to consider using tongs to handle his clothes at this point. Maybe even a hazmat suit. I'm sensing it's been awhile since they've been washed. :devil:

The rule in my house is that only the clothes in the hamper get washed by me. I even announce that I'm doing laundry and for the kids to make sure I have their clothes. I will not go hunt them down. When my son was 11, I had done that procedure and he didn't give me any clothes. I did all the laundry in the hamper. The next day he was very upset because he didn't have anything clean for school. I told him that it was too bad, that I had done laundry the day before and if he wanted clean clothes he could do them. He then asked me how much I was going to pay him. :rofl: I told him I thought he was awfully funny and that his payment would be having clean clothes to wear. He did his laundry. His clothes now make it in the hamper, but he does most of his own laundry now anyway.