Unsolicited USPS mail from a Narcanon rehab? Has me a little on edge...

S

Signorina

I have no idea if I ever posted my real name or real address in association with this board. I am relatively certain this is the ONLY place I've ever posted about my difficult child & our adventures with- his substance abuse.

I received a brochure from a Narcanon Rehab facility in Glendale CA on Friday. Totally unsolicited but the envelope was handwritten and the postmark was CA. I guess it's no big deal but it has me a little spooked. I am not sure what to think. The obvious return address on the envelope flies in the face of anonymous as in "NarcANON" and I guess I am little concerned that either my privacy here has been breached or that maybe someone in real life is sending me a message? I don't know. It also made me remember the "rehab promoter" who was posting here a month or so ago.

Anyone else receive it? I am racking my brains to remember if I registered on another site somewhere, but I don't think so. I also don't think my in real life info is on this website either?

I am probably nuts and overthinking!

Nancy

I have not received this communication. I have never read or seen anything on hereto indicate what your name is or where you live. I have never gotten any USPS mail or email for that matter from any treatment center. Have you checked them out to see if they are legit? How do you feel about calling them and asking how they got your name?

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Sig, could your difficult child or your middle son have contacted them for info without your knowledge? Or husband? Or your Mom? Or someone in your immediate family? Just my first thoughts..........

PatriotsGirl

I have not received anything that I did not expect to receive.

I have the same thought as RE - someone else called them?

I would call them and let them know my thoughts on their version of "anonymity", though...

S

Signorina

Good points, very good points- I think I will drop it because it very well could have been a family member. (not h or the pcs.) The possibility never dawned on me and in retrospect it makes perfect sense and very well could have been my mom or someone she told. The timing is spot on-ugh.

Thanks guys

toughlovin

At one point I was calling various programs and looked into one that sounded pretty good until I figured out it was Narconon and based on scientology..... since then every now and then I get phone calls from them asking if I have found treatment for my son. So they do keep track of calls and continue to try and pull you in. So yeah I doubt it is from this website.... and i dont remember you ever using your real name.

Sent from my iPad using ConductDisorders

DammitJanet

I think I remember you telling me something about Piggly Wiggly one time and gave a generalized idea of where you live but never your real name. I dont know it and I tend to know quite a few of the real names of folks on here.

It may have been someone in your family or even someplace you called at sometime looking for help. Lists of names get sold.