up with-pain

Jena

janet i just read your thing. wow that is total bs and bites on multiple levels. i know what you mean though its' like unless you have a table covered with medications etc. and it's as REAL ailment ppl dont' get it even your family.

husband doesn't get it, i'm like umm no look at my feet you moron!! hmm did i just call my new husband a moron? lol yup i did.

did you try herbals i'm sure you have

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Jena my husband has suffered from many different forms of Arthritis since he was in his early 20's. He has ankylosing spondilitis, and thesis ( I can't keep track of the 2 he has at times basically his vertibrea is cracked and slipping). Gout and now just general joint swelling all over which they have not bothered to call except arthritis.

He was told to get a spinal fusion in his 30's- but he started Pilates. We met snowboarding which is a huge no-no! But his doctor said well how much worse can it get at this point??? So I understand the horses!!!
He was supposed to give up the nigthshades and all of the gout triggers as well- we cut back a huge amount but do not live our lives without.

He only takes Alopurinal (sp) for his gout at this point- he stopped pilates which was the best thing in the world!!! and moved up to Kettlebells! he loves it.
Nothing will ever take away his pain he wakes up in agony every morning, i don't think he admits to how much pain exactly.
He will not take pain pills yet- advil yes.
For him he is taking the exercise route until he has to add on something else. He is trying to go as long as he can because he knows it is going to only get worse.
The main problem for all of you is trying to prove how much pain you are in and balancing it out either with medications or naturally... he also does supplement with many vitamins. Fish oil as well- 4000mg

I am sorry you are dealing with this. I can never imagine the pain. He also just started going to a masseuse who also does cranial-sacral work. He said it was good. (she said he had the most messed up back he had ever seen!)