Upcoming IEP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iloveturtles

We have an upcoming IEP on Dec 10th. It is to find out the results of some assessments.

difficult child is doing really well, except for the two suspensions. He made honor roll. He has a friend, not some random mysterious "friend" at school. His behavior at home has improved, probably not to where my parents would be happy, but to where I am definitely happy. :D

The thing that worries me is a comment from the case manager that maybe we should take him out of his collaborative classes. This is the first quarter of all 7 of his school years that is going so well. This is the same child they wanted to send to a mental health collaborative school not but a month ago.:anxious:

dadside

Two things stand out - and this without knowing the history.
First is that there should be no IEP meeting where you find out the results of any assessments. You should have copies of the assessments ahead of time so you can review them and be prepared.
Second, you should have more to go with the case manager's comment, such as why she/he thinks as she does, and what the alternative should be. Generally, my sense is that when things are improving (here, behavior, or so it seems) is not the time to change the routine (class assignemnts).

I

iloveturtles

I have requested the assessment results to be given to me ahead of time. So they are working on that. If I don't get it enough of ahead of time to share with his "team" docs and etc. I definitely won't sign anything until everyone gets to take a look.

My thinking exactly if it is working why would we change it. If they try to change anything to less support I will just not agree and not sign. Also, I will start murmuring about lawyers or something of the sort. The murmuring is the suggestion of our psychiatrist. :D

Last edited:

Sheila

Since difficult child is doing so well with-this placement, it's "proof" he's getting what he needs and ammo to present as to why the placement should say as it is (if that's what you feel is best for him).

Status
Not open for further replies.