Update and Help at last

missyk33

After we moved into our house in June, we found out that our difficult child was 5 wks pregnant. Oh no. Right now she is 16 weeks along and starting to show. When we found out they took her off her medications. I just knew that it was going to be 9 months of just pure hell without medications, but it really hasn't been as bad. They told me that sometimes pregnancy would change her moods. SHe still have rages but now theyre not as bad.

We have her and her sister seeing a therapist and finally someone who thinks the same as us. She is pretty sure she is bipolar. Considering the medication that they put her on was stabilizing her mood and she could actually tell the difference. SHe is still showing signs, duh, As soon as she has the baby, we can get her back on the medications.

SHe is so ready to get her license so she can get a job and take the baby everywhere with her. But it is not going to happen. She is not mentally ready for it. I honestly dont see her being able to hold a job down because she will go off on someone if they make her mad.

I also found out my oldest sister is having a lot of trouble. My younger sister and brother went to Atlanta to get her. She had been on a 5 day drunk. I think she may be ADD or Adhd and just masking the pain with alcohol. Hopefully we can get her into rehab soon.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Missy,
I'm sorry things have been so rough. I'm glad you found a therapist that seems to be helping. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
WOW! That is a pretty heavy load. Your difficult child is 14 in your sig. Is she 14 now? If so then her license will at least be a year or more away.

I am sorry about the baby. What a rough thing to go through as a family. Is she planning to keep the baby? Is she mature enough to handle a baby responsibly or will you end up filling that role?

If you have not seen the Mtv show 16 and Pregnant it shows some of the situation and how it changes the lives of the teens involved and their families. One girl was pregnant at the same time her mother was having her sibling.

Whatever happens, I hope for the best for all of you!

TerryJ2

Oh dear, I am so sorry Missy. Wow. I don't know what to say.
Hugs.
Sounds like you're going to be the one doing a lot of the parenting. She's not thinking about adoption, is she?
I am so sorry about your sister. It's very frustrating and aggravating and makes you feel so helpless.
More hugs.