Update and Plan for Thursday...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
This am difficult child refused to get out of bed....

Luckily, husband is a big guy and can "force her" without actually touching her....she knows that she can't fight him and that we would carry her into the car if he had to....so she eventually got up and barely made it onto the school bus. Whether she will actually attend class today is anybody's guess.

Have to call the school and ask whether anyone noticed that she ditched her last class yesterday....(hey, I have to call anyway to make sure she gets to class this morning.).

husband gave me the papers from the crisis center for our growing file--What a joke!!! Two pages--the first is a list of signs and symptoms of suicidal behavior....(difficult child fits eight of them)....and the second page is the recommendation from the psychiatrist at crisis center to just go see regular therapist and, I quote: "Express your concerns".

Our strategy at this point is to be a pain in the butt to anyone with ears. We are accumulating paperwork as fast as we can (stinks that we have a two week delay on all medical records, so the notes from the most recent hospitalization will not be available until next week--as an aside, will the notes about unprotected sex be in the records? Interesting that the docs notes are available to parents via medical records release, but the staff cannot actually tell parents anything.)

We are going to go yell at our county mental health center again today that we need a referral for more services..

The glitch is that because difficult child is covered by Medicaid, whichever agency does the referral will be on the hook for two-thirds of the cost. husband and I have to make that cost seem like a bargain compared to the hassle of dealing with us every day.

So, that's the plan for today.

I hope that there will be no more drama to add to this thread....

--DaisyFace

M

ML

I just wanted you to know that I will be saying extra prayers for you today. That someone out there provides something, anything of an encouraging nature for your situation. I am just so frustrated and sad to see this kind of suffering; to see people's screams for help falling upon deaf ears.

Please don't give up. Together our prayers are powerful!

Thinking of you,

ML

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I just wanted you to know that I will be saying extra prayers for you today. That someone out there provides something, anything of an encouraging nature for your situation. I am just so frustrated and sad to see this kind of suffering; to see people's screams for help falling upon deaf ears.

Please don't give up. Together our prayers are powerful!

Thinking of you,

ML

Thank you ML!

And someone must have heard your prayers already because I have heard the first bit of information today that might be helpful:

therapist finally explained the whole problem. Because the new Medicaid policies require the "referring agency" to fund any sort of further treatment, the county health facility has simply stopped making referrals. Therefore, there is NO agency left in my area that qualifies as a "referring agency"...so there can be no referral for anything else.

However, therapist did manage to whisper that, off-the-record, she can let us know about a therapeutic school that offers residential treatment--that not only accepts medicaid but any additional costs are on an affordable sliding scale based upon income.

That is the first good news I have heard in ages!!!!

Please keep us in your prayers. I just know there has to be an answer.

--DaisyFace

klmno

I think you might need to get a CHINS on her. It should help that she has been to a psychiatric hospital and is on medicaid and has been to the crisis center to have them move in the direction of a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) instead of detention if she's on a chins.

Unless you are in Virginia where things pertaining to juveniles just appears to be weird to me- but I guess that because they have no money and are trying to deal with all mental health issues in the correctional facilities.