Update: Called CPS to Turn Myself In....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
After I got off the phone with CPS--I received a call from my son's school with some unsettling information:

He had been involved in a fight at school where he actually BIT another boy. After discussing the situation with the vice-principal....she advised me that she felt a major part of the difficulties that have ertupted with my son recently have to do with his older sister. He's got some dull, boring parents telling him to be good--and he's got this super-cool older sister who's able to get away with some pretty neat stuff.

Following her advice.....we were able to question my son and discovered that not only has difficult child been sneaking out of the house at night--she's been arranging to meet high-school boys all over town. (She only turned 14 a few weeks ago! This has been going on right under our noses for at least two months!!)

husband is absolutely devastated.

AND--as her exploits have taken her farther and farther from home--she has started to bring her ten-year-old brother with her!!!!

So--I placed a call to one of the facilities that CPS provided me....the counselor there feels that my family is in enough of a crisis to have my daughter admitted to their psychiatric hospital unit for a complete evaluation TODAY.

I am so over-whelmed with emotion that I am not sure what I am feeling:

I am relieved, worried, hopeful, scared, and mostly saddened that i have to send my daughter away....

Please send plenty of good thoughts and cyber support our way...

We sure can use it.

Thank you everyone for always being so supportive.

--DaisyF

tinamarie1

Daisy, so glad that you are getting some immediate help. I sadly can relate to the situation with your 14 yr old. We thought my 14 yr old easy child was pregnant last year. It is not a good feeling. And I felt pretty betrayed that she had been having sex at such a young age.
It is totally normal to be flooded with all those emotions you listed. Please keep us updated.
(((hugs)))
tina

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Daisy...

Part of me is crying with you and part is happy that difficult child will finally be getting help! These two are the same age as my two so I can feel it in my gut.

Keep in mind that it's going to be hard but if difficult child can get help - it will be better in the long run. And that's the important part, no?

Lotsa hugs comin to you. Depending... If you are near my part of Ohio... Your difficult child may end up in the same place as difficult child 1!

KTMom91

I'm so sorry. Glad you were able to get her in today...hope you're able to get some answers. Sending many hugs and lots of strength.

maril

Please send plenty of good thoughts and cyber support our way...

...those are being sent your way.

I am so sorry to hear this is happening. Thank goodness you became aware of what is going on, are proactive, and are getting an evaluation for your daughter. Good to be able to nip this in the bud for the sake of both of your kids.

Hugs.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm sure this is just so hard to be going through, but like the others have said, at least now you will be getting her the help she needs. And perhaps this will be helpful for your son as well.

Update again when you can -- sending hugs and prayers for strength to get through this.

busywend

Well, as hard as that was to do - it was the right call. Your difficult child was putting herself in danger AND then made the decision to put your son in danger as well.

You have to do this to keep your family safe. Good job! Warrior mom!!!

Sending many supportive and uplifting hugs your way!

DDD

What a blessing that immediate help is available and you no longer have to feel afraid and isolated. Sending hugs. DDD

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Oh hon, hugs coming your way! I pray that they will admit her today and keep her long enough for you to plan what to do next.

HUGS!! Vickie

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
I am sure you are beside yourself with exhaustion, fear and worry, but thank God you found out what your child has been doing now, rather than after something horrendous had happened to her. I'm glad that she is being evaluated...am I late on this or has she been admitted? For your sake, I hope so. You need a safe place for her to be so you can catch your breath.

sending hugs your way.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, all that time ... well, all you can do is move forward, which is what you're doing.
Let us know how it goes.
{{hugs}}