Update: Father says "don't call me anymore."

BusynMember

You are kind, Terry. And pretty smart yourself!!!

I have learned how to deal with craziness because I have no choice. You are right. You either join the insane asylum or you learn how to handle those in it. Most of the time I just choose to let the crazy acting person make a decision to either act as normal as possible or not contact me. I hope, with all my heart, that most people here, yourself included, never have to deal with as many "off" people as I have had to and therefore don't have to learn or use my coping skills. It is not as easy as I make it sound to set boundaries that you know will make your family of origin choose not to be in touch with you. However, all in all, I am happier for expecting others to respect me, the way I always try to be respectful toward them. It's not that much to ask for, I don't think. I am very anti-drama.

You are strong already. You have done an incredible job with your son. He is going to have a job and has a good moral compass and I remember how he used to be. You were amazing in your persistence and how you never went back on your word.

I wish you and yours the best holidays in the world! :)