Update from DaisyFace

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good morning--

I have some bad news, which I think is actually GOOD:

Yesterday--difficult child put her hands on another child in psychiatric hospital.

Whenever she finds another person "annoying"--by whatever her definition at the time, she will discipline them by jabbing her fingers into their kidneys. She's fast and she's subtle about it--very hard for teachers or parents to catch. So her method is usually very effective for getting the other person under her control.....

NOT this time! psychiatric hospital immediately placed her on 24hr room restriction.

difficult child was VERY upset. She felt this was totally unfair...after all, she only "poked" someone. She's been crying and complaining about how unfair it is. She begged her father to take her home....saying she has no idea why she would need to be in such an awful place to begin with.

She is refusing to eat because they are not letting her go to the cafeteria to choose her own food. She spent the day "hiding" under the table in her room (out of view of security cameras).

And now if she remains "true to form".....when she is allowed out of her room again--she will immediately enact her "revenge" on the person who 'got her into trouble'.

While I am not happy to hear that my daughter is having a miserable time--I am VERY happy that the folks at psychiatric hospital are finally getting a glimpse of her troublesome behaviors.

I'm hoping that this "bad news" will lead to something good....

Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!

--DaisyF

DDD

I'm crossing fingers and saying a prayer that these steps will lead to progress and help. Hugs. DDD

Wiped Out

Staff member
As hard as it is, I do think it is a good thing that they are seeing what is going on. I am hoping that will lead to the help that she needs. Hugs.

susiestar

Roll With It
I know how hard it is to hear your difficult child was inappropriate. But it truly is a blessing in disguise because it truly DOES allow the treatment team to document what is going on with her. It is incredibly frustrating to take your child to the hospital and have them act all normal and healthy (referring to both phosps and regular hosps!). IF they act all normal then there is no possible way the treatment team can reliably help you or counsel you.

Sending gentle hugs. And a lot of been there done that understanding.

TerryJ2

Daisy, I know how you feel.
I used to wish my difficult child would act out in front of doctors so they would believe me. It took yrs!
doctors cannot make a diagnosis if they don't know the symptoms. She has given them something to work with-now.
I've got my fingers crossed.
!!!!!!
Good luck. And thank you for the update.

Marguerite

I hope they're on the alert for her expected revenge attack. It will be the worst thing if she does it and doesn't get caught. It will be bad for her victim, it will also be bad for her. And for you, since she will again have learned that if she persists and keeps "maintaining the rage" she will always get her own way.

Have they been warned that her pattern is likely to be a revenge attack?

Marg

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I hope they're on the alert for her expected revenge attack. It will be the worst thing if she does it and doesn't get caught. It will be bad for her victim, it will also be bad for her. And for you, since she will again have learned that if she persists and keeps "maintaining the rage" she will always get her own way.

Have they been warned that her pattern is likely to be a revenge attack?

Marg

Yes--

husband and I wrote a letter to the doctors and staff and brought it with us when we visited. husband asked everyone to read it so they would be aware of her patterns.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am actually happy for you, difficult child II was in psychiatric hospital twice and honey mooned the entire 1st time and the 2nd time also honeymooned until the night b4 his release then he verbally and physically threatended a nurse and had to be sedated, of course they still released him the next day (go figure). So I am glad the psychiatric hospital is seeing what you need them to see, so they can help her :)