Update from the chopping block - input?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
First, I am SO sorry to not be around much. I'm just trying to hang onto this job for a bit longer, and between that and the difficult child's, its all I can do (besides NOT sleep).

I had my meeting today, and was formally reprimanded. I was given less than 24 hours to sign the review and the reprimand and return them. I called an attorney and DOL but haven't heard back from either, yet.

My assumption is that if I sign off on this, that screws me. Does anyone know how this works?

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope you are able to get in touch with someone. Also, I think it would be appropriate for you to write a letter disagreeing and why you disagree.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> i would put together a memo with-your documentation disputing the job review....one copy to your boss, another to the head of human resources. oh & one to your boss's supervisor.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

bby31288

Also ask to have the memo you write "explaining" or defending yourself included in your personnel file going along with the reprimand. I have hugs for you. I am going thru something similiar. Remember when one door closes, another opens.

witzend

I would write "Signed as receipt only" on it, then sign. This legally means that you have received it and understand it but don't agree with the contents.

DammitJanet

I was forced into something similar when I had been out taking care of my mom. They wanted to find reasons to document my record to get rid of me so they reprimanded me for not calling in daily to report to them how things were going when I had asked for time off under FMLA. Her doctor had taken me out for at least 3 to 4 weeks and I update them weekly...but they said I should have done it daily. Whatever.

They put it in a formal reprimand and said I had no choice but to sign it or be fired on the spot. I actually didnt sign it and I quit that day. When I quit I put down that I was leaving for family and health reasons.

KFld

I work in H.R. and I agree with the others. Attach a letter to the review as to why you disagree and ask it to be placed in your personnel file along with the review. I know as far as our reviews, signing it doesn't mean you agree, it just means you have been given it and have read it, so you can still sign it, but attach the letter of disagreement.