Update! Long term treatment...

comatheart

I can't believe it was Sept. last time I post!?!? My son just got out of a long term program in AZ. Friday. He'd been there since Sept. I am hopeful, but guarded as I am all too familiar with the merry go round. He's staying in a Sober Living home about 15 miles away. I really hope this is it! His nerve damaged leg (from an OD Jan 2015) is slowly getting better. He still needs a brace to walk, but maybe someday he'll improve enough to not need it afterall!

My husband and I are waiting to sign the final divorce decree. It's crazy how much can change in 6 months. It's not what I wanted, but my faith has grown ten fold and I believe this is God's way of taking me on to something bigger and better. I was afraid my son would have a hard time coming back because when he left in July we were happily married. He seems to be fine though, they must have really addressed it in counseling back in AZ.

Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Nancy

I'm crossing all body parts that his sober living arrangement is good for him and reinforced what he has learned in rehab. This could be the beginning of so many good things for him. I'm sorry about your divorce but you sound optimist for the future and that is good. Keep us posted.

New Leaf

It's not what I wanted, but my faith has grown ten fold and I believe this is God's way of taking me on to something bigger and better. I was afraid my son would have a hard time coming back because when he left in July we were happily married. He seems to be fine though,
Hi Comatheart, welcome back...... It is so nice to see positive posts. It must have been a difficult journey with the divorce and all, I am sorry, but I am glad you have found stronger faith and a silver lining towards bigger and better things. Prayers for your sons continued sobriety and finding his silver lining towards his purpose and meaning. Each success gives me more hope for my two. Thank you for sharing.
(((HUGS)))
leafy

Nature

I'm sorry you are going through a divorce. I understand the feeling of being guarded with your son's relocation but I sense a strength in you from your post. I will you well. Take Care of Yourself.

so ready to live

It's not what I wanted, but my faith has grown ten fold and I believe this is God's way of taking me on to something bigger and better.
Yes--God is good.
...and also good news about your son in sober living now. We never know where God's taking any of us, it's part of that mosaic isn't it? We don't learn much in the easy times and it would be a shame to end this life no wiser than we started. Have peace today. Prayers.