Update on difficult child -- both bad and good (long, sorry!)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Esther,

You know - I keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I think sometimes it's odd that you or others would cross my mind during the day because we are worlds apart. My brain has no domestic boundaries, but I just think its neat that I'll think of you or Allen, or Marg in Australia or Jane in New Zeland. My point is - no matter where we are from, or what background we have we're all bound together by a common thread in our difficult child kids.

Amazing to me that something so wonderful as the friends we meet here can come from something so seemingly tragic as our kids' behaviors. Isn't it interesting that some of us draw on the most unlikely places for our inspiration? I think for those reasons it's good to recognize everyone has a something to contribute. (even if it is just a joke now and then ) :tongue:

I'm still praying that your cigarettes taste like camel cookies. Glad to see you're taking care of yourself otherwise.

Hugs & Love
Star

Stella Johnson

Esther,
I am very proud of you for not falling into his plan to come home.

I think you made home way too comfortable for him.:D When I left home when I was 17 there was no way I would ever have gone back. But then again my mother wasn't exactly Suzie Homemaker and my Dad was barely a dad.

Now for you to make it less comfortable for the last one at home...:alien:

Sorry to hear your blood pressure medications aren't working. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon. I know how badly it can make you feel when it's too high. I can barely get out of bed if mine is out of whack.

(((hugs)))

Steph

N

Nomad

I really enjoyed what Fran said...the part about not managing your life also being a waste...good stuff.
With reference to nature and the lessons there...something that I think about a lot as well.
The mention of birds reminded me of this:

"G-d gives the birds food to eat; but he doesn't throw it into their nests."