Update on difficult child

toughlovin

Hi all,

So I got our mail yesterday which included a letter from difficult child and then we went to see him last night. I am trying to not get wildly hopeful and stay in the present..... but he seems to be doing well!!

In his letter he told us he has a new job at the house which he really likes, that he got level one and is proud of that. Apparently he really struggled for a while and they got close to giving him a "time out" which would have meant sending him back to jail for a couple of weeks and then letting him come back!!! But they gave him a second chance to turn his behavior around and he did!! His letter was positive and I was really glad to hear him say he was proud of himself!

So we went to the parents meeting last night. Saw a really good documentary called Anonymous People. Anyway I talked to the director and she confirmed that he has really turned things around and is doing well.... a major turn around on his part.

This is a little past the time when he typically blows it so I am really hopeful that maybe this is a real turn.

We saw him last night and he looked good and seemed in a different place in a really positive way. He was so cute, we gave him his gifts from asia.... one of which was a red and black kimono. I had wanted to get him something that seemed like it was from Asia and then the last day realized I hadnt gotten it, so I saw this at the airport and picked it up. My husband wasnt sure he would like it, but I thought he would.... anyway he just loved it. He put it on and walked around the house to show everyone! It was so cute!

And we also got him a couple of tshirts,, one which was Tin Tin in Cambodia which he also loved. He had loved loved the tin tin books as a kid.

It still feels like it is hard to talk to him..... and I know there is a whole lot more going on in his head than he is telling us....

but all in all he is doing well and I am very happy about that.

TL

Sent from my iPad using ConductDisorders

Childofmine

one day at a time
That is so good to hear, TL! It's great to know you can go away and the world (starring our difficult children) continues to turn and move forward while we are living our own lives.

I pray that he continues on this path and good things continue to come from his hard work.

Please keep us posted...

Blessings raining down on you today!

lovemysons

Hi TL,
What a relief that you got to go on a wonderful trip and come back to a difficult child that is making some progress!

Love that he loved the Kimono and was showing it off to everyone. That made me smile.

You are a thoughtful mamma.
Hugs,
LMS