UPdate on difficult child's visit

everywoman

He was nice. He was polite. He didn't demand a thing. He spent time with family. He was respectful of our rules. He smiled and laughed with us. He had a "date" with one of pcdaughter's friends--it consisted of hanging out here at the house. PCdaughter and boyfriend asked him to go bowling---he didn't feel ready to go "out" so he declined. He didn't ask for money or fast food or clothing of any kind!!! I did offer to pay for his gas back to the program---he only worked 15 hours last week, but he took it upon himself to speak to his manager and tell her that he has to have more hours because he has to "support" himself. I called today--he made it back just fine. He is scheduled for over 30 hours this week. He asked me to check into the new virtual high south carolina is offereing so he can finish his last credit and 1/2.

There are still issues. He is still really naive and acts more like 16 than 18. He is still too trusting---he tends to believe anything one of his housemates says and that worries me. But he's clean, he's working, and he is a joy to be around!

KateM

Glad to hear your visit went well! Great news about him getting more hours at work.Best wishes for continued success!

Janna

Kat,

Glad to hear things are getting so much better with difficult child :bravo:

Good news, nice post!

Janna

DDD

I've been looking for your update and hoping it would be half as
positive as it is. I'm thrilled for you and your family. It sounds like 3 has been the charm with difficult child's programs. DDD