Update on doctor Kimball

Star*

call 911........call 911
He has heartworms. They are very bad. We're going to treat him!! His recovery/cure will take 2 months and 3 shots. He'll have to be sedentary (not hard at all with him). Our dogs are protected so no worries.

I swear if I could spit I'd......ewwwwwwwwww that man behind us.....IDIOT.

I got to thinking about it. You know how bad mosquitos have been in the Summer how HOT it is. Well how about if you were on a 3' chain - in a fur coat and couln't get away from those mosquitos for any relief? I go out for 15 minutes in the pool and sometimes they are unbearable and I have tiki torches burning and yard fog and OFF......and that poor kid laid in the heat, and dirt, with no where to run or get away from the buzzzzzing and bloodsucking. How awful.

Yeah - you know I want to put that man in a heavy coat, chain him to a stake in all weather and let mosquitos bit him until he has a bad heart. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. NO WONDER this dog is freezing all the time -

We've added a cover to his crate and put the crate closer to the heater vent so that he's getting an extra dose of warm. Poor critter.

He did come to me tonight when called .......still a little standoffish - but I got a smile this morning and a wag. He's making eye contact!!!!! He's nosey about the "family" in the den and very much wants to be part of it.

So the chain dog gets a second LEASH on life........

WONDERFUL huh? I was thinking if he could speak what his story would be. He doesn't speak English very well yet - So I told my big boy to tell him that he's okay and we're okay too.

Such a lovely temperment and so trusting - my word - how can people do this to animals? He's simply such a lovely creature.

tiredmommy

Prayers being said that this sweet little fur baby makes a full recovery. Give him a little love from Auntie TM...

mstang67chic

Going Green
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......poor thing but glad he's going to be getting the shots. HE may not think it's such a good thing but we all know better.

Glad he's starting to warm up just a bit....literally and figuratively!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks Aunti TM -

I've been calling him Dr. Kimball the urologist (due to potty training) but now he's Dr. Kimball the cardiologist (due to heart worms). I'm so glad there is an inexpensive cure and a very cheap monthly treatment he can stay on.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
It always amazes me that a dog can survive many things and still want to be near humans........ glad he is getting treatment for his ailment...... you are a good human!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Give good 'ol sweet doctor some lovies from his auntie Daisy. :)

Our stray is MIA. (I'm hoping that means her people found her) Haven't spotted her anywhere in days.

But over the bad weather we seemed to have aquired 3 new kitty strays......and from one's prints....OMG it's a teeny weeny wittle baby!

Speaking of animals..........I've got to go feed Lucy the pig before I forget. lol

Hugs

trinityroyal

Awww. Give doctor Kimball a snuggle from Auntie Trinity.
Hope he feels better soon, and glad that he has you to look after him Star.

F

flutterbee

Keep a close eye on him. Heartworm treatment can be lethal to the dog.

I don't know what they use now, but they used to use arsenic based treatment. (It also used to be very expensive.) I do know that it is still a treatment with risks.

Steely

Hugs to doctor.
The treatment I remember for heartworms was like Heather was talking about. Aresenic based, and they had to be in a crate for 6 weeks. Is that what doctor needs?
Regardless, I am so glad the pup has got a second chance - and that you were able to provide it.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Tell that little Dawgter that I am so proud of him!
Big smooches and hugs, keep taking the medicine big boy and listen to your new Momma. She's a good human.