Update on dr.'s appointment.

everywoman

Brace is unlocked and she is able to walk again. Still can't drive for another week, but it is better than I expected, so I'm happy. My school's athletic trainer was there and unlocked the brace for her. He said she was tentative about putting weight on it, but did take a few steps. Yeah!! One step for Jana, a giant leap towards independence.

trinityroyal

Woo Hoo!

Jana must be so relieved that she can walk again.

Thanks for posting, EW. I was wondering how things went at the doctor today. Glad to hear it's such good news.

Trinity

everywoman

Thanks ladies. It was great to see her walk into PT today with a smile on her face. She also walked out smiling--even if it was faked (due to the pain.) She is out tonight with a friend visiting other friends. That is good because she had not been out of the house except with me since New Years Eve. Hopefully she will be able to do more since she can walk. She may try driving tomorrow. She is nervous about it. When she had knee surgery at 16, you couldn't keep her home after the first week. Now, it's hard to get her to go out---LOL. I know she needs to build some friendships and get to know people her age again. She hasn't been around a lot in the past few years, and most of her old crowd is away at college.

Jena

sorry i'm late, that's great news i was hoping that would be the outcome. Yay for her!! :)

you must be thrilled.