Update on Everywoman

Nancy

Oh dear, I am sending prayers for a good outcome of your surgery and jaw problem. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Stay positive.

Hugs,
Nancy

gcvmom

Here we go again!
She should be just about finished with surgery soon and into recovery if everything started on time. Hoping all went smoothly... perhaps we'll hear an update tomorrow.

trinityroyal

EW, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that the surgery went well, and that your recovery is uncomplicated.
Many gentle hugs.

Steely

Coming into this late - EW I am praying for you!!! Sending you a million positive wishes and vibes. You are tough, you will come out on the other side of this ready to GO:)

AHHUM

New to this site, but have to say all you women are absolutely awesome!!!

EveryWoman, adding my thoughts & blessings to the collective. Wishing you a speedy full recovery.

:notalone:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The neck surgery went well and she posted today that she's actually being discharged to go home! Maybe she'll post a link to the picture she posted of her scar (shudders)!

DDD

It personally scares me when discharge comes so soon after surgery. Guess it's because I'm used to the "old days" when the hospital kept you far longer than you needed to be there. I continue to send caring thoughts and prayers her way. DDD

Estherfromjerusalem

I don't understand: how can one undergo a five-hour operation on a Saturday, and be discharged from the hospital on the next day, the Sunday? Or is there something I have misunderstood.

Whatever, Everywoman I wish you the best recovery, full use of your arms and hands again, and hoping that all this will very soon become a thing of the distant past, something to be forgotten.

Be well!

Love, Esther

PS. Waiting for an update. I truly would like to hear how you are.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm with you, Esther. Makes no sense to me, but she said she was doing better than they'd expected post-op, so they let her go. Hopefully she'll check in soon. I know she's posted on FB a few times and she sounds like she's doing as well as can be expected. Nasty scar with staples down the back of her neck, though. Hopefully she's a fast healer and will be getting those staples removed soon!

DammitJanet

Did she go straight home or to a rehab? Shudder. Seems she would need at least some rehab to help get use back to her limbs.

everywoman

Ladies, sorry it has taken this long to update---but had limited computer time and can't update well from my phone. It has taken this long to get to the point where I can type decently. My pinky and ring fingers and my lower arms are still tingly---I am praying that will heal and not be a permanant reminder.

Yes, the let me out on Sunday. The dr. was shocked that I was up and walking around the day of surgery and had actually walked to the gift shop the day after. I have never been one to let pain keep me down. I know it's gonna hurt if I do it, but I also know it's gonna hurt if I don't. And I would rather get something done lie in the bed and hurt anyway. And I'm still in a lot of pain.

I do have restrictions===can't lift anything over 2 lbs. Can't move my neck too much. I can't drive. I can't walk too far without someone with me because I gait is still off and I still lose my balance easily.

I am home. Staying with my boyfriend---yes, I have a boy friend---that is so weird to say. He is a guy I've know since middle school. He makes me laugh. He makes me mad. He has brought out emotions in me I thought I had loss because I spend so many years pretending to be something I wasn't. I feel real for the first time in a long, long time.

Anyway, I see the ENT about the tumor next week. I'm also going back to work next week. I've missed 13 days since Jan. and I hadn't missed but 2 days a year for the past 10 years.

Again, thanks for your prayers and support.

Star*

call 911........call 911
WOW you have a boyfriend? that's a little post op humor there kiddo!

I am so happy to see you up and about! I had no doubts that you were a fighter! Southern Belles are pretty tough stuff! And Ya'll jus' so cute!

Anyway! You know what they say about those staple marks? X's just like X's and O's - so now you have a bunch of kisses on your neck! and they'll be pretty faint in no time. As far as the tumor? My thought is if they were in there? They got to see it? And now they have a better idea of how to treat you for that as opposed to NOT seeing it - so I'd feel a little better about that. So you get through this - get that out, get on with your life with this hunky boyfriend - laugh and move on! Sounds like win win to me honey!

I'm proud of you, prayin for you and I'm about - I dunno 150 miles from you - (normally)

Sending hugs and prayers
Love
Star