update on friend.

crazymama30

First of all I want to say thank you all for your support to someone who so badly needs it and is not a board member. Your kindness is amazing.

So her difficult child has spent 3 days in the critical psychiatric unit, a really scarey place especially for a 13yr old. He was too out of control to put in the pediatric unit, even with a 1:1 sitter.

I told friend to insist on an acute care setting for her. She needed someone to be on her side, as it seemed that everyone at the hospital was not, which is sad because she works at this hospital.

So yesterday her difficult child was transferred to a children's hospital with an acute psychiatric ward. He is about 300miles or so from home, but he is where he needs to be. She seems to be coping, her mom is with her and they are coming home today. Friend's cell can only text from the area she is in, so she will call me when she gets home tommorrow.

I am so glad she was able to stand toe to toe with all the people that gave her hades, and to insist that she get what her difficult child needed. I look at her and her difficult child, and hope and pray that I never get there with my difficult child.