Update on Jumper and our visit to see her

BusynMember

She was waiting outside her dorm and hugged us to pieces when we got there, but didn't look sad. She took us to her room where two of her friends, a guy and a girl, were making a sign for the basketball games (girls and boys). I asked her what was really up and she said, "Nothing! I just missed you guys." She was lighthearted when she said it. Lil, I shared your story with her about calling home. I hope you don't mind. I did not use your name...lol.

Later, watching the game, we sat with Jumper's best friend and I asked her too if Jumper was ok and if she was still brooding over her ex. She said, no, she just missed you and that she hasn't really been talking about ex anymore. Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Big relief. She said some kids are trying to get her and some guy together...I was just so happy. You hear about kids who impulsively kill themselves over lost loves at her age.

I underestimate her.

She asked me when my surgery was and I told her not to come in because she had classes and she said, "Well, this is more important" but I told her not to come, that I'd be unconscious and that it wasn't dangerous surgery. I assured her her father and Sonic were coming. I wouldn't be alone. She's such a nice young lady.

I feel much better now.

It's so hard to be a parent and it never stops being hard. At least, not for me. Thankfully, the "troubles" I sometimes create in my head are of short duration these days.

Confused

Midwest Im so happy Jumper is doing good and the visit went well :) That was also a sweet offer to come be with you during your surgery.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
MWM thanks for sharing this with us. So happy that you had such a wonderful visit.
:beautifulthing:

BusynMember

It was. Of course, in the back of my mind I still wonder, but seeing her reminds me of how sensible she is and that helps.

Thanks for your thoughts.

TerryJ2

VERY nice! What a relief. It sounds like a wonderful visit.
And the fact that you showed up meant a lot to her, regardless of her possible underlying motive. :)
She's been through a lot of change, and you are consistency and strength.

Lil

Lil, I shared your story with her about calling home. I hope you don't mind. I did not use your name...lol.

Well, since my name isn't really Lil...feel free. :D

I'm so glad all was well and she was just missing Mom and Dad.