Update on kicked out son

RE: My son stole a coin collection and we had to kick him out. I just wanted to post that things seem to be going good. My son moved in with a friend and said he will split the rent. He got a job and worked over 40 hours in the last five days. He said he plans to give us some money towards his debt to us, on his next check. When asked, he even would like to go on vacation with us (but can't because of work). When he was still living with us, I told him the marijuana is causing his depression, he didn't believe it and said it is fun to smoke. So he probably is still doing that. But I am so thankful that he is becoming responsible.

BusynMember

Great! Seriously. He IS growing up. Now since he's not at home anymore, your house rules don't apply and you can relax. If he wants to smoke pot, he's doing it on his own time in his own home and not yours. Working 40 hours a week. Hurray for him!!!!

Kathy813

Staff member
Sometimes it just takes forcing a difficult child to take care of themselves. . . like a mama bird kicking her baby bird out of the nest. I remember someone on the board saying that in the case of a difficult child, you might even have to deconstruct the nest from underneath. LOL

Good for your difficult child!!

~Kathy

Woriedmom

RE: My son stole a coin collection and we had to kick him out. I just wanted to post that things seem to be going good. My son moved in with a friend and said he will split the rent. He got a job and worked over 40 hours in the last five days. He said he plans to give us some money towards his debt to us, on his next check. When asked, he even would like to go on vacation with us (but can't because of work). When he was still living with us, I told him the marijuana is causing his depression, he didn't believe it and said it is fun to smoke. So he probably is still doing that. But I am so thankful that he is becoming responsible.
my son is also 20, has been smoking weed for a few years now. Within the last couple of months the law caught up to him. He is looking at jail time, charges are minimal but he has to wait for a hearing and they will keep him until then.Meanwhile...my husband (his step dad_ has told him he has to get out of our house which I'm not in favor of because he will get into worse trouble out there and may even begin to sell the stuff so he can make money to pay someone to live in their house. I'm going crazy with arguing ,headaches, etc.etc. so tired. not to mention am eating my feelings...gained 10 Lbs.,within last 2 months.:apologetic:

Woriedmom

I might add I'm new to this site, I stumbled upon it so bare with me if I tend to be venting all my feelings like a mainiac.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hi Deborah and welcome. Why don't you start a new thread and tell us about yourself and your difficult child. You will get more responses that way.

~Kathy