Update on mother in law

Lothlorien

MRI results came in. She has a mass that is pressing on the carotid artery. CT scan is tomorrow. Scheduling a biopsy with ENT (not sure why the ENT is doing that one), then she has to go back to her oncologist next week. She is a breast CA survivor. He has been orchestrating the diagnostics of this, because she went to him for a f/up appointment when this all began.

The breast CA was caught quite early and she's had f/up appts and been regularly checked and been fine. This is coming out of the blue. I don't think this is related to the breast CA. Her mother died two years ago from brain cancer. The family have all been heavy smokers. Her sister just died from clogged arteries which the doctors told her it was from the heavy smoking.

Could use the board juju and prayers again. We aren't prepared to lose another family member.

Estherfromjerusalem

I'm sending good thoughts too. If it's any consolation for you to know this, I have had both my carotid arteries operated on. Not exactly the same as your mother in law, but they got blocked and I had mini-strokes because little bits of the gunge that was blocking them flew off and up into my brain. Both times (about 7 years ago and about 2 years ago) I had an operation -- called an endarterectomy, Fran told me about that! -- where they clear out the gunge and put in a sort of stiff pipe to keep it open. It's amazing -- immediately the blood flows and everything feels better. I hope that with your mother in law it is also something straightforward like that.

Love, Esther

witzend

I'm glad that she was seen and that they were able to figure this out for her. I hope that this will turn out to be benign.