Update on my easy child...

lovemysons

My easy child just finished her first year of college!
She got a full ride bowling scholarship at Lousiana Tech.

She had an awesome first year with her roommate who is from NY...love the accent.

easy child is getting ready to bowl at JR Gold in Las Vegas...we leave on the 9th of July returning the 15th. She has never won a National title yet so we're hoping this is her year.

Took a few pics of her yesterday and added them to my Yahoo photos...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/13271215@N05/

husband and I are so very proud of her...husband is our towns highschool bowling coach for the girls team as well as the boys. He lives at the bowling alley and easy child would not be where she is today without his help.

by the way, she was home only a week and already got a job!!!
I'm so happy I can brag on one of my kids at least.
LMS

busywend

OMG - she is absolutely beautiful! Those eyes are stunning! Love the hairdo!

I am hapy for you to get to brag!

Estherfromjerusalem

Tammy, what a lovely update. I'm so happy for you, and you certainly have every right to brag!

She's beautiful -- almost as beautiful as her mother (whom I have met, in the flesh, right?)!

Love, Esther

DDD

Gee, she's grown up! I remember pictures of her as an adolescent and she is a lovely young woman now. Thanks for sharing happy news. As you know I am always happy when good things happen in your family. Hugs. DDD

lovemysons

Thank you Ladies...

Busywend,
Doesn't she truly have the most unusual eye color...They're golden brown. Mine are a yellowy green color and husband's are a rusty brown color. Young difficult child has similar but more brown and Oldest difficult child has my green eyes.

Esther,
You are SO very kind. I wish I felt as "beautiful" as I once did...I've gained 40 lbs since I started taking Abilify 4 yrs ago. I often tease about myself these days saying I'd rather be "Fat dumb and Happy then miserable skinny and crazy" lol. But thank you for the compliment, I needed it. I cherish the time we got to spend together at Fran's maybe someday you'll make another trip to the States, would love that.

DDD,
Yep, my little girl has grown into a lovely young woman. I'll share this with you, she wrote this to me the night before she left for college...

"My amazing Mama,
You have done so much for me and I wanted you to know just how thankful I am that G-d sent me into this family with you as my mother. I know (Oldest difficult child) and (Young difficult child) never made it this far but that doesn't mean you failed them. They failed themselves in many ways along the years. You are an amazing mother and that deserves to be recognized more often than it has been.

Thank you for always knowing how to react to all of my moods. Thank you for for always being there when it matters most. Thank you for being the most caring and compassionate person in my life. Thank you for doing the dishes. Thank you for doing the laundry. Thank you for doing everything you can to keep the house at peace. Thank you for just being you. I would've never made it this far without you.
Love always,
easy child

Thank you Hearts and Roses.

Isn't she the sweetest! How'd I get so lucky.

DDD

The letter reflects her loving personality. Thanks for sharing. by the way, when my Mother died in her early 70's one of my sisters discovered a box with special momentos. One was a letter I wrote her when I was 22 basically saying similar things and telling her that as a young Mom I then understood like never before how blessed I was. Your easy child's letter brought back those sweet memories. Thanks DDD

Mattsmom277

Fantastic update and loved the pics :). Glad to hear she is thriving and great news on a scholarship! Best of luck to her in the nationals, let this be HER year :). Good job mama!

svengandhi

NY'ers have accents? NO! We do not! Everyone else does (LOL!).

Your family is so beautiful - I hope things just continue to improve.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tammy,

Well, I'm just amazed at how much everyone has grown up, filled out and looks so beautiful and handsome! Even little Joey - What a love! You have a beautiful family and your daughter's letter was amazing! You are looking good woman! I couldn't believe you cut that long beautiful hair of yours but it looks good on you (new doo)!!!!

Thank you so much for all the lovely pictures!

Hugs & Love - (and Yankees don't have accents it's everyone else that has the funny accents) lol

lovemysons

DDD,
Those letters are so special. I keep this one from easy child in my wallet. I would frame it but it makes reference to her difficult child brothers and I didn't want them to read that. I wish ALL children were "required" lol to write a letter of appreciation/gratitude to their parents...wouldn't that be wonderful!

Sven,
LOL, it's "USE GUYS" with the accents, not us!

Star, I'm not sure who's picture you are looking at and thinking that it is me. ??? I wouldn't dare cut my hair, lol. It is still fairly long. Maybe you think I am oldest difficult child's girlfriend... she is about 10 yrs older than difficult child.

I may add some more pics sometime soon specially ones of us in Vegas. Thanks for checkin my photos out and wishing my easy child luck at Nationals.

Hugs and Love back to yall!
LMS