Update on my girly parts...

I posted last week (titled "I think the word I am looking for here is defeated") and mentioned the possibility of getting a hysterectomy.
Saw my OBGYN today. Got a date for surgery!
I don't think you can possibly know how happy I am.

The medicine I have been taking to stop my horrible bleeding has caused me to gain 75# since December. I don't have to take that awful medicine anymore. I can lose the weight and hopefully I won't be a social recluse anymore.

Best of all, I get to keep my ovaries, so no early menopause for me.

Allow me to do the dance of joy.

DammitJanet

I had the partial hysterectomy done a few years ago and it worked well for me. Hope you are happy. I had mine done vaginally. Check out hyster sisters. It is a good site.

TerryJ2

Yikes! 75#!!!

I have a neighbor who had almost identical problems. She had to pace and time her errands according to the bathroom facilities at the stores. She was one happy camper when she had her hysterectomy. No cancer or anything, just massive bleeding. She recovered quickly and was at the gym very quickly.
Good luck!

mattsmom27

I'm happy for you. I know quite a few women who've gone through this and every one of them was soooooo relieved to finally have the surgery and get their life back. I'm glad to hear you are upbeat about losing the weight, it is shocking when medical stuff packs the weight on. You will do it :smile:
Hope your recovery goes quickly and smoothly and that you feel tons better!