Update on my son who attempted suicide.

David,

I'm so glad that your son is getting the help that he needs. It is a huge step for him to recognize that he needs help and to accept treatment! I will keep your son in my prayers. Sending best wishes to you and your family...

T

toughlovin

David,

I am glad your son is getting help. Hopefully he now realizes what a terrible state he got himself into after using drugs... and that will be enough to really motivate him to stay sober.

TL

David645

My son came home from a 30 day stay at the inpatient treatment center. Insurance wouldn't pay any longer since he was doing better, which he is. Besides taking antidepressants, he'll go to weekly out patient treatment and AA or NA meetings. He already told some of his drug user friends that he can't hang out with them, as part of his recovery program.
He's taking it one day at a time.

S

Signorina

I am so glad for both of you and I hope this is the beginning of a happier, healthier life. Stay strong, G-d bless

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so glad he is doing better. Hopefully he will be able to keep his feet on the path to recovery and treatment.

Thanks for the update, i've been wondering how you all were getting along.

(((hugs)))

buddy

Thanks for letting us know he is doing better. Sounds like he is taking things seriously at this point. I am glad for him and pray he stays strong and realizes a life full of happiness and potential! Blessings to you and your family.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Thanks David for letting us know how your son is. My prayers are with you and he, all any of us can do is take it one day at a time. God bless.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm so glad you updated.. thank you. It sounds like he's in a good place right now, I hope everything continues to improve for him, and for you.

DDD

Like the rest of the family I am SO glad that you have seen forward progress and found a suitable placement to help your soon. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

If you would please remove the specific facility name from your post. As a rule we avoid references to a named program for a number of reasons. We don't want to be seen as recommending a program and we also want to assure the anonymous nature of our family posts. As you know this a wonderful group of supportive people but anyone and everyone has access via the internet and therefore taking great caution is in all our best interests.

I'm rootin' for your difficult child and all your family. Hugs DDD

trinityroyal

David, thanks for posting an update. I'm very glad to hear that your son is taking positive steps toward recovery. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Trinity

David, I have been wondering how your son is, and I am so glad that he is on the path to recovery. I'm sending my very best wishes to you and your family.

Nancy

I am so glad he is doing better. The days and weeks after release are so important. I hope he starts making contacts and friends with others in the program. It's essential that he surrounds himself with sober people

Nancy

rejectedmom

Such good news David thank you for sharing. I will continue to send prayers for you and your son. My easy child/difficult child is now 90 days sober. He says he is determined but also says that going to all the meetings is getting old. Soooooooo, I advise you to do as I am and keep you guard up. I sat my son down and we agreed on two AA meetings a week and two group therapy meetings each week for a total of 4 days of support. Two other evenings he goes to the Gym to work out and one night to the movies or to a sober friend's place for fun. Along with his FT job he stays busy. I think this is a key. With little down other than bedtime time they have less temptations.