Update on nephew

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I spoke with my brother last night. Nephew continues to respond to verbal commands. Additionally, he is wiggling both his fingers & his toes.

The doctors are amazed yet state that his youth is working for him. They took nephew to surgery for his jaw yesterday (it's broken in 4 places). The leg, shoulder & ribs will wait until a later date.

He is still being kept heavily sedated & is wearing one of those halos to keep his neck in place.

It looks like nephew will be in rehab for a very long time once he is totally stabilized. There is concern for the brain trauma due to his injuries & the strokes he suffered. My older brother, who is a rehab director at a different facility, contacted his old friend where nephew will rehab & asked for a complete evaluation when appropriate.

You are a powerful group of friends - all the prayers & good thoughts have made a difference. It's still a tenuous situation but things are looking much better. :smile:

Lothlorien

I missed the other post. I'm sorry about your nephew but I am certainly glad that things are looking up for him and that he's responding. I'll say prayers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda

Such good news! :bravo:

There is a long road ahead, but like you said, his age is working for him.

Hugs

houseofcards

Thanks for the update, praying for continued improvement. My brother in law broke his neck and went through that rehab, he can move everything but doesn't have full feeling from his waist down, he does very well. Hope your nephew does even better, he has youith on his side.

PiperThree

Linda, I just saw this post and your original one - lots of prayers are being sent your way from chilly CT to you, your nephew and your family. The doctor is right - he has age on his side and before you know it he'll have bounced back as good as new!

((HUGS))

Piper

hlrc102

Linda,
It is so amazing the resiliency of a young body. Glad to hear that the signs are encouraging. I'm sure it will be a long road for your nephew , but it certainly seems like he has a great support system.
Continued prayers and good wishes.

Heather

Janna

Glad to hear he's responding Linda, good news :bravo:

It doesn't surprise me the recovery will be a long road, but it sounds like you've got a strong man on your hands. Maybe it won't be as long as you think.

Sending gentle hugs.

Janna