Update on School Situation

artana

Hi all,
I called the behavior therapist over the weekend and he said that the adults dropped the ball last week. That I should not punish DS6, just talk to him about the throwing the stick situation. He also emailed the sped teacher and asked her to make sure that the behevior sheets start again on Monday.

The behavior therapist gave us a new behavior plan for the home, where the kids get an allowance, and they pay for privileges and they get paid for good things. Part of the plan was to reinforce school by giving ds6 and difficult child a dime for every gradient of good that they got on their sheets. I could not do that with ds6 last week, and was incredibly frustrated. DS6 responds well to money. He has a real sense of the value of it, and likes to earn it. *sigh* Here's hoping this week works better.

Thanks for listening to my rants.

house of cards

I'm glad the behavioral therapist is backing you up, picture a big thumbs up sign here. Rant away, that is what we are here for and it really helps to keep you going. Hope this week is better.

TerryJ2

Sounds like a good plan. Sometimes things fall through. I hope it's better this week! Go ahead and rant. We hear you!