Update on the new job and a bit about the coworker

mstang67chic

Going Green
Not so good news first....the coworker that I posted about previously found out that the docs are pretty sure she has breast cancer instead of the melanoma she originally thought. They will be running some more tests in the next couple of weeks and she is looking at a double mastectomy. We did get a bit of a chuckle out of it though. While she's still a little on the heavy side, she's lost an amazing amount of weight. Because of this though, there are some loose skin and ... um....sagging issues. But....if she has the surgery, she gets new boobs AND insurance will cover it! ;)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....

(sorry....mental flash there)

I had my 3 month review at work this morning. Not only did I get a raise but *snicker* I was told that I need to be more MEAN to the other employees when I need stuff from them.

blink. blink.

MORE mean????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

TerryJ2

Mean?
Firm. Decisive. with-leadership qualities.

Whatever.

Congrats on the raise!

I'm glad your coworker is looking on the bright side. Sigh.

meowbunny

Congrats on the review and raise. No comment about being too nice.

As to you co-worker, this sounds like a blessing in disguise on many fronts. Melanomas are pretty deadly. The cure rate is pretty low since most are caught too late. As she/you said, she gets new boobs that don't sag and insurance covers them. She's ahead of the game.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
If your co worker is smart she will also get a "tummy tuck" too for reconstructive surgery.... Hope they get all the cancer....

Don't know that "mean" necessarily gets more work done..... if the other employees are giving you the things you need when you need them, then I think I'd forget that instruction...... if they are slowing you down, then...... get mean....... raise is GOOD!

Jena

Hi,

I'm really glad to hear your review went so well, glad you also got a raise, be "meaner"? hmmm

AS far as her sagging boobs that have to come off, and she's getting new ones that insurance covers yea for her!!! It is amazing she has such a positive outlook on things, good for her!!

:)

Andy

Hope all goes well with your co-worker.

As for your review - GREAT JOB!!!

Once when my review was due, I was one of the first employees to get the new PR form. It actually included a section on treating fellow co-workers with respect. So, I would go around after that and say, "I wish I could answer you, but I have been told that I have to be nice now." It was soon the joke of the facility.

A few years ago I did receive the comment that I had to be more assertive in one part of my job. It is true - I am not good at telling people to do their jobs or I accept excuses too readily.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Well it is good they caught this on your coworker early enough.

As for the raise woo hoo. Not mean enough well hmmm I guess they have to say something.

beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
You just keep being your sweet self there Sgt. Grit.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR RAISE!!!!!!!!!

you know - you have a similar sense of humore -

Wouldn't you LOVE to show up tomorrow in a Dominatrix all leather with chain outfit, cracking a 9ft. bull whip and burst through the door and yell - ALL RIGHT YOU WIMPS !!!!!!!

Stack heels and all!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Um......No.

I'll tell you why.

First, I'm one of only THREE females at that location. The other 25 or so employees are men and are pervs. Friendly pervs, but pervs nonetheless. If I showed up in THAT outfit (or for that matter, just with the whip), I would have a few more "friends" than I would care to have.

Besides........with shoes like that I would fall and break my arse.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad to hear your review went well and you received a raise!

I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker-I hope they are able to get all of the cancer! They did with my mom and she has been fine ever since!