Update on the Stella Family

Stella Johnson

THe sd agreed to let difficult child stay at the school she is in next year. Instead of being in the Functional Academics class her sped needs will be through the Resource teacher. This teacher was worked with difficult child already this year on several things so she is well acquainted with difficult child.

The Dallas MOrning News is working on a story about the treatment and placement of sped kids in our town. They are talkig to other parents and a few other professionals that I referred to reporter to.

The Office of Civil Rights is working on my complaint. We will see how that goes. Hopefully they don't federally sanction discrimination in my case as they did another person's case on the board.

difficult child is doing well. Lots of end of year parties. Last week was a bowling party for the kids on Safety Patrol. difficult child helps kids get out of their cars and holds the door open in the morning.

She has a Student COuncil party at an ice cream parlor this afternoon. She is little Miss Popularity this year. She is so cute. I love seeing her interact with her peers. SHe is so cute.

I'm still going through physical therapy from my knee surgery. THe place I am going to is also a personal training gym. I am going to get a personal trainer when I am finished. I have seen women twice my age with better bodies than I have. I have decided I need to do something. This is getting sad. :hammer: I have also noticed I feel better when I work out. I seem to get more done too with the added energy. Just the opposite from what I thought I would be like.

Oh, SO gave me a puppy last weekend. We now have a dachsund as well. She is the sweetest baby. She loves to cuddle and sit in your lap. She follows difficult child everywhere and sleeps with her at night. difficult child has even been feeding and caring for her. She has really been very responsible with the new puppy. I'm shocked.

Well, there is our update. I'll post again once I hear more from OCR.

Steph

DDD

Wahoo! I hated the thought of her life being disrupted again...
especially when she has made progress! DDD

LittleDudesMom

Steph,

What a wonderful update on the family and the extended family (new weiner dog - that's what we call them in our house - bonehead has a miniature named Vincent that we adore).

Seems difficult child is doing really well here at the end of the year. Great news on keeping her in the same school. She may just very well thrive with the resource teacher.

The personal trainer idea sounds like a great thing for mom!

Sharon

DazedandConfused

Awwww...What a great update!

So glad at least difficult child gets to stay at the same school. I'm happy to hear she's thriving. At least with everything else that has happened in the past few months, difficult child is doing well.

Congrats on the fur baby!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful news that difficult child gets to stay with her school!!!! :bravo:

Steph It's really great that difficult child has been able to be so involved with her peers this year. I'm glad things are going better for you of late.

Hugs

Yay! Good to hear. The best thing for any kid, especially a difficult child, is stability.
I know what you mean about seeing your child in social situations. Their lives can be so topsy-turvey, it is a sight for sore eyes when they are doing something fun with their peers.

May you get a hunky personal trainer :wink:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm so glad to hear she is going to be able to stay at the same school through the end of the year!!! :bravo:

Way To Go, I am so glad she doesn't have to move again! Hope she is having fun with the year end parties.

So, what are you naming the new pup? :smile:

Hugs,
Vickie

F

flutterbee

Can I just say...Way to go :warrior: !!!

I'm so glad to hear that your daughter is getting to stay at her school.