Update on tweedle dum....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
wm called me last night .... just to check in. It was a most pleasant telephone call - I haven't enjoyed a call so much from wm ever. :smile:

It only lasted 5 minutes.

wm called to ask me how I was feeling. He then wanted to talk about the chapter of the Harry Potter book he is currently reading. It takes wm forever to get a chapter down & he's proud that he's on chapter 7 now. I'm proud also - it takes so much for him to sit still long enough to read a page or two. :reading:

He asked a couple of nonsense - he knew what the answer were - questions; AND he caught himself & I didn't have to say a word. :thumb:

I'm hoping to coordinate with wm's day treatment & his in home counselor for a visit & lunch with wm next week at day treatment.

wm is maturing - slowly, but he is maturing. I love that young man. I hung up with a smile on my face & a tear in my eye. :flower:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,

This post is making me have tears in my eyes. It is great you were able to enjoy such a conversation with wm! It is wonderful to here maturity is coming be it ever so slowly! :dance:

crazymama30

I haven't heard a positive comment about wm's behavior in a long time. Isn't nice when they are nice and/or normal? :bravo:

:smile:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so thrilled!! It sounds like wm is really making progress!

He loves his mom, even throughout all the problems. It is nice that he was able to show you he cared!

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I rec'd a call from wm's group home case manager/SW this afternoon. wm was re-evaluated (the Vineland) & he's grown emotionally from 2 years of age a year ago to 6 years of age in most of his responses & such.

That's a huge "growth spurt", if you will, in that period of time. Everyone is beginning to see changes in wm - it's slow but it's growth & we'll take it. :its_all_good: