Update on us

susiestar

Roll With It
I have been away from the computer for a week or so. You have all been in my thoughts, but I just couldn't type.

I am itching all over and my skin seems to be very fragile. Anywhere I scratch I end up with scabs. They are hideous and all over. Have had my stomach scoped, my liver enzymes tested and retested, dermatologist cannot figure out what it is, just a miserable situation.

Our oldest cat, Freckles, who is my difficult child's age exactly, had to be put to sleep today. She was so tired, and couldn't remember where the litter box was so she was peeing wherever she was. We worked with this for many months, vet checks and everything. I just couldn't make her an outside cat. We have coyotes around. She lost weight this last month, over 1 pound and she was only about 7 pounds to begin with.

difficult child dug a grave, did some wierd ritual to "purify" it. It made him feel better, no worries from me about it. He kept calling Freckles his sister. They did grow up together. It was hard.

Jess is doing well with school, had lots of tests and her stomach scoped this month. We are working on getting her better.

You have all been in my thoughts, but I just can hardly sit up with-o major pain from the skin thing.

Susie

tiredmommy

Yikes! Could the skin problem be allergies, a medication reaction or diabetes? I hope they figure out what's going on soon. And I'm sorry about Freckles, it's hard to lose a furry member of the family. Many {{{hugs}}} to you and the kids.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Susiestar, sorry to hear that you are feeling so poorly. Could all this be triggered by stress with husband and his work situation? I know you mentioned it a while back.
Sorry about Freckles. It's always sad to loose a pet.

Sue C

Susie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your health and putting your cat down. That is never easy. Hope you get well SOON!

Hugs,
Sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending some positive vibes and prayers your way. I sure hope they can help your skin condition soon! How awful.

Sad to lose a family member...I think it's nice that difficult child was able to comfort himself by being involved in the cleansing ritual and funeral.

Feel better soon!

Loris

I hope you feel better soon! It sounds like a miserable situation to be in. I'm sorry you lost your pet, that's hard. They do become part of the family, no surprise that difficult child saw him as a sister. Hope it gets better soon.