Update--the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and the Sleepless

TerryJ2

I LOVE Hilton Head! I want to live there! Went for 6 days with-some HS friends for 6 days. OMG, just in the nick of time. Thought I was going to lose my mind. Seriously worried about myself. Realized how much I miss my old friends. We ate and ate and ate and drank and drank and drank (wine). Toured a lot--Charleston, Savannah, Hilton Head areas. Too cold for the beach but I took a dip in the pool, which was heated ... 48 degrees outside, steam rising from the 90 degree pool. Great seafood, shopping, no time for reading. I hate coming home to real life. It was crash and burn. Computer crashed, just when I had a legal deadline for my invesntment fiasco issues and I harped on my friend to get me my computer (he was doing it for free) but it was in worse shape than I thought, then he got sick, so I stayed up until midnight scanning things, FedEx'd a document overnight, had a conference call, only to be asked the same questions over again and be told they hadn't read anything yet! Grrr. Today's headline was My Man--bankrupt, owing $5 million. I bought an extra copy of the paper for my cousin, since it was her money (no, not $5 million! just a bit of that, but enough to live off of for a yr). I will show her tomorrow. The fun never ends. Dad is now in the dementia unit. His Alzheimer's has progressed beyond the point where he can safely be left alone. Tried to leave the bldg in PJ top only ... below zero and snowy in MN. Little sister stayed up all night with-him, walking the hallways, he was so agitated, finally went to sleep, then took him to her house last night while his assisted living apt is closed downstairs and he is moved upstairs to lockdown. Today she rearranged the furniture so it would look as much like his old apt as possible, but she was dreading the transition, because he will figure it out at some point. Poor thing; I wanted to fly up to help her but she just told me yesterday, and I have a court case Mon (cousin's caregiver who didn't show up in the middle of the night but faked her time card and billed us anyway). Anyway, sister made instant judgment call, which I agree with, but of course, other siblings disagree. Don't know what planet they're on where they second guess what would happen if Dad were not in lockdown. Better to freeze to death and become a news item, eh? Back end of donkeys.easy child got a speeding ticket and has to take a class and pay yet another fine; husband and I have been arguing and we are just way overcommitted and stressed out and taking it out on one another (in fact I had a major tantrum the other night, which I haven't done for yrs); one of the cats got out last night and we were as scared as she was (actually, that was a good thing, because it brought us together to work toward a common goal, odd as that may sound); Assistant Principal called me Fri to say that difficult child was in ISS for fighting with-another kid but they both admitted they shouldn't have done it and are still friends (boys--argh!), and he's also in ISS Mon for same issue, plus science teacher had an issue. difficult child refuses to do any homework in general so ISS is actually a blessing.Today I signed up difficult child for baseball and he refused to go to an indoor clinic (held indoors despite the fact it was 55 and sunny, just gorgeous) he sat on bleachers so we told him no computer, no phone, he couldn't have cared less. Strangely enough, he came home and did his science homework! Go figure!!!Good news is that: my sciatica is a bit better and I made Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner for us tonight. Sort of a re-do because the holidays were so messed up. It was very good, and I put dried cherries in the stuffing instead of raisins. I highly recommend it! Discovered that Bisquick now comes gluten free. I got a massage Friday, only $30 because it's a new place. The therapist lost track of time and worked on me for an hr-and-a-half! I finished the 2nd mural at the assisted living ctr and got a commission for another bldg, to start Tuesday.Missed you all. Thought about you all a lot.
So sorry this is formatted strangely--I've tried twice and can't get it to work.

DammitJanet

Welcome back and whew!

Sorry about your dad but it must be done. I know only too well about the sundowning he is doing. It does get scary when they start the wandering. I cant tell you how many times we found my mom in the yard with her raincoat on carrying an old purse filled with silverware. She was going home! I also set my home up with all her old furniture to make it look as much like her old house as I could. I even ordered my new mobile home in her colors. I dont know if it helped or not but she seemed to recognize that some of the furniture was hers. I put her bed and her dresser in her bedroom...well until I had to put the hospital bed in there.

I hope you can get something worked out with these court cases. Sounds like drama drama drama. And poor easy child on the ticket! VA inhales deeply on speeding...lol. We always have to watch ourselves going up 95! That area around Richmond is a speed trap.

TerryJ2

Thank you. I think about my dad every day. So sad. My sister said it went better than expected. But that was only one day ...Wow, your mom in her raincoat, carrying her purse filled with silverware. Sigh.easy child has to take a driving class or pay the addt'l fine and have the points on her record. Don't know when she's going to do it, since she has a new boyfriend, and she's in a sorority. No wonder she has had a cold for 2 mo's. Same thing happened last yr. She didn't really get healthy until just b4 she went back to school.

DammitJanet

Down here we have this racket where if you get a speeding ticket you can get a lawyer and you pay them this enormous amount of money and they take care of the ticket for you and you dont have to go to court. The charge gets dropped down to "improper equipment" and that doesnt go against your license or insurance. Its a huge payoff between judges, courts and lawyers if you ask me. Im sure that somehow the judge gets a cut, the court gets a cut and the lawyer gets a cut. Tony got a speeding ticket about 2 months ago for 73 in a 55. Cost us almost $500 to get out of it. However it would have cost us more than that to have the points on his license with insurance for the next 3 years so we pay it.

He got a ticket in VA 3 years ago and we couldnt do the whole lawyer thing up there like we can down here so we had to suffer the insurance point for 3 years. If we had known he could go take a class, we would have sent him up to take that class...lol. He got caught in that 55mph speed trap where it drops down from 65 to 55 on 95 right as you turn a bend heading into Petersburg. We knew it was there but we were talking and Keyana was in the backseat and we lost track of where we were on the road. I had been turned around messing with her because I normally am the one watching the speed limit signs. Sigh.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, I pretty much avoid that area!Yes, the class makes a huge difference. About half the people I know have taken it. :)