Update

F

flutterbee

I haven't been around much the last week. There has been a lot going on. I've been in a major flare or whatever you want to call it for the last week and it's also been an emotionally draining week which doesn't help the flare.

My rheumy's office finally left a message for me today. I called 3 times last week and my GP's office called twice. The message said that the clinic doesn't take my insurance and that they can try to get some kind of authorization, but it can be a lengthy process and for me to call them back and let them know what I want to do. I still don't know what clinic - if it's Mayo or the Cleveland Clinic - because she referred to it every time in the message as "that" clinic. And as far as a lengthy process, well we haven't gotten anywhere yet, so what's a little more time?

So, they called me a week later to tell me what I was pretty sure of last week - that they don't take my insurance. Frustrating. And I didn't get the message until after 5pm so I can't call them until tomorrow.

I was afraid to get my hopes up for this very reason. Sigh. I'll just keep plugging along.

easy child is home - came home yesterday. His friends were here waiting - they threw him a surprise party. It appears his dad is really going to get him a car. difficult child had been doing so well and then easy child gets home and she's all of a sudden helpless again.

Just wanted to update on "that" clinic. Hopefully, I can actually talk to someone tomorrow and find out more.

I'll try to be around more as I feel better and am able to offer more support.

klmno

GEEZ, Heather, how frustrating. I hope you can get some answers and something solid to count on tomorrow. No wonder you've been down- try to hang in there and let us know how you are doing.

As far as the car- I just wish his father would put up or shut up, so to speak. easy child has been jerked around enough by him over it.

F

flutterbee

I actually haven't been too down about this. Like I said, I had been trying not to get my hopes up. And this isn't the end of the line. Just more waiting and keeping fingers crossed. The emotional upheaval has been due to easy child's girlfriend and her mom and emotional abuse and I just want to pack her up and keep her safe. easy child cried last night - tears streaming down his face - and just hung onto me. easy child never cries. He feels so helpless with what his girlfriend goes through. So do I.

And the car does seem like a sure thing now. Not sure when, but it's happening. Actually gave easy child a price limit and told him to look and have one of his friend's dad go with him to check them out. Then when they find one, he'll send the money. Wow.

Apparently while easy child was there they kicked out the 18 year old - easy child's step-sister because she lied to them. Tried to tell easy child to take it as a lesson. :rolleyes: Yeah, cause his dad is going to kick him out of my house???

Anyway...just been a lot and I'm doing ok, just been using a lot of emotional energy and not much left over.

Steely

Good to see you back Heather. I had been wondering where you were. I hope that your energy levels are able to get back up to par, that difficult child is able to become empowered (uh, ok, that is lofty - how about empowered slowly?), and that dad gets easy child the bleeping car, and fast.
Hugs.

everywoman

Hope that the "clinic" comes through, you can get some answers, and that easy child's dad does the right thing by him. And I'll pray for girlfriend. I see so many kids everyday in my job that just break my heart!

F

flutterbee

Thank you. Actually, I think my GP may be narrowing things down so that the visit to "that" clinic may not even be necessary. She's thinking possible Psoriatic Arthritis which never really occurred to me because I didn't think I had psoriasis. But, apparently I have two spots - one on my ankle and one on my knee - that she said look like psoriasis. When I read about it, it looks like and reacts like it. Plus, the acne can somehow be related I think. I also noticed that with this flare that the acne got worse at the exact same time. And that is considered to be in the spondy family like Ankylosing Spondylitis which is what I thought it was for a long time. So, it makes sense to me. Not that I'm a doctor. But, I've done hundreds of hours of research on this stuff. There is also an acne spondy that I think needs looking into as well. I still do want to see an endocrinologist, though, just to rule out a few other things.

easy child's girlfriend is such a good person. Compassionate, kind, giving, 3.95 GPA taking AP classes, has career goals...I just think the world of her. Her mother is mentally ill and I have compassion for her, but that doesn't excuse the emotional abuse. It's so heart-breaking, but I'm glad that she feels like she can confide in me. She said she doesn't really talk about it because she doesn't want to be a burden to people. She was afraid to talk about it with easy child because she was afraid he would think less of her and would leave her. She said she was on the phone with him one time and her mom started screaming at her and she was so afraid that easy child would hear and wouldn't want to be with her anymore. I told her that easy child is head over heels in love with her and she couldn't chase him away with a stick. easy child has heard it for himself as they spend most of their time at her house and he always tells her she's not what her parents say. She finally did talk a little bit to easy child.

I missed easy child so much while he was away, but I forgot how much chaos he brings. LOL I've had extra kids in my house since Sunday. I mean, they haven't gone home. LOL easy child has left to hang out with girlfriend and they've stayed here. He has so much energy and is in constant motion...it feels like a whirlwind after all the relative quiet. But, I'm glad he's home.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

I'm glad easy child is beginning to feel comfortable enough with easy child to open up to him some about the situation with her Mom. Not her fault her Mom is the way she is, but it's hard for a girl that age to understand.

Sounds like you may be making some headway in the health dept which is a good turn. I'm gonna look that up when I have the chance. I have Aubrey today as Nichole was afraid to send her back to daycare too soon and have her break out with the rash again the day before surgery.

((hugs))

TerryJ2

Don't worry about offering support Heather. Everyone takes turns. It's been rough for you. Ins. is a bear.
Take care of yourself.