Update

bby31288

Hi friends. I am hanging in there. Just one week ago today I was on day 1. I wasn't sure I would make it. I know it's only been 7 days but today I'm finally feeling well enough to venture out with husband. I haven't told him. I venture to guess I won't. I am thankful for all of your support helping me through those days that I didn't think I could make it. I need to never forget those agonizing first days. So I never find myself in that position again. Again thank you all.

DDD

Thank you so much for the update. I'm sure that many others, like me, have been hoping and praying that you were still functioning with-o the substance. Personally I am still have a difficult time not picking up a cigarette. Can't remember how long it took last time but each day is a victory. I'm rootin' for you. DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Woo hoo! 7 days is MAJOR!!!

I am really, really, really proud of you. Because I know it was much much harder than I could ever imagine. And you did it!!!!!

Whether or not you tell husband, he will notice a wonderful change. Someday you might. Or not. It's up to you.

Kathy813

Staff member
Hooray!! Every day will get a little easier and you are over the hardest part now. You should be very proud of yourself.

DDD ~ I'm proud of you, too. Quitting smoking is quite an accomplishment.

~Kathy

DDD

Bby's accomplishment is light years beyond mine. I'm just a wooose and so is my husband, lol. I really really am thoroughly impressed by Bby. For Real. Hugs DDD

buddy

Well, I can't imagine having to tell husband, but if you can at least tell the doctor so no one offers you that kind of medication in the future. When you are in pain for something it will be very hard to not accept that kind of relief. Make sure they know...so if needed they can give you a shot or something and nothing that you can take home (in a real emergency that is).

Really really impressed that you have hung in there and done so well. I was worried when we hadn't heard so thanks a lot for letting us know you are hanging in there.

bby31288

Thank you all. I did see my doctor. We talked. She put me back on my Prozac to help with the depression I am going thru. She also noted no narcotic pain reliever in my file. Still no one knows here. You guys and the NA person I talked to. But they have noticed a positive change and said I don't seem to be complaining as much that my body hurt. Or I was tired. I am so grateful for your support.