Update

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I'm hanging in there. Seem to be off the medication merry-go-round and on a combo that works for the most part. I've finally come to accept that normal isn't going to happen, and fairly functional is ok.

Back in june of 2011, I had to put my beloved Gryphon down. He was a German Shepherd and developed a brain tumor in the amygdala that was causing rage seizures. He was otherwise healthy but had become a danger to others.

That threw me into a tailspin that took a long time to come out of.

Other than that, I pooped along for a bit...got another cat to keep Jake the siamese mix company. Her name is Squeaky and she's a sweetie. She's a little brown tabby being who was born with a deformed, blind eye. I had the vet remove the eye as it was constantly infected and hurting her all the time. She and Jake have bonded which is sweet to see.

Okay...my sister has finally decided to divorce the sociopathic jerk she's been married to for 30 years. Makes me realize all over how ****ed lucky I was to have had my husband for 24 years. He died too young, only 44, but I wouldn't trade what we had for the world.

Friday, I bought a car. Traded my 2002 Toyota 4-runner in on a 2012 Toyota Rav4. It's got 32K miles on it and was part of Toyota's rental fleet so I know it was serviced properly and any recall work was done. It's perfect inside and out and I'm in love.

I was worried about my credit being good enough to finance a car as I just started trying to get re-established 4 years ago. To my surprise, not only did I have a FICO score between good and excellent, but I got a four year loan at 1.9%.

The new car is cherry red and I'm in love.

So that, in a novella is what is going on with me.
Me: BPII(rapid cycling),Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), "AS-lite"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved furbaby.

But sounds like the rest of the update is pretty darn good. :)

((hugs))

TerryJ2

Wow, quite an update!

I'm so sorry about your beautiful dog. I know exactly how hard that is. Many hugs.

My easy child has the exact same vehicle, same year, as you. Hers is white. She loves it. She used to have a Beetle and loved zipping around in it, but discovered that bugs are not compatible with-lots of art projects and even more friends. :)

Good idea to have the cat's eye removed. Hard decision but ultimately the right choice. I'm glad they are company for one another.

I am SO happy! that your sister got a divorce. I'm sure that every day, she gets better and better. :)

How long has it been since your husband passed away? I'm so glad that you are able to look back with loving memories. Thanks for checking in!

Estherfromjerusalem

Going North, how great to "see" you and read your update.

Sounds like you are doing really well. I loved reading about your car, and your cats.

Sending you best wishes, especially for upcoming festival!!

Love, Esther

busywend

Thanks for the update! It is great to 'see' you! Congrats on the car, credit rating, and new kitty! Sorry about your loss. It is hard to let them go. Oh and good for your sister!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Thanks for your responses. I'm heartened to see that after a long period of "radio silence", people still care. I will try to contribute more.

I ask that people don't hesitate to let me know if I'm too blunt or am out of line.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hey sweetie! Radio silence is necessary for all of us from time to time. You're still part of the family and always will be!

As for blunt... Errm. Sometimes we need that, Know what I mean?? And I've yet to see you get out of line, so all is well.

rejectedmom

HI GN good to see you on the board again! I am sorry for the loss of your pet. That is always such a heartbreaking event. Glad so much else is going right for you though! As for taking a break from the board. I do that also. some of us just have to for our own needs and reasons. But the board members always welcome me back with kindness and support. So welcome back!!! -RM