Update

pasajes4

Son was arrested for violating a no trespass order for my property and for damaging my property. He went to court on Monday. The prosecutor contacted me and as a result of that conversation he was given probation with a laundry list of conditions including a no contact/ protective order. I guess he likes jail because he has slready violated the no contact order.

Triedntrue

It is so hard to keep on reporting them. I know how that feels. Have you considered an alarm system? Maybe it would act as a reminder and deterrent.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Oh Pasa I'm so sorry.......sigh......you always sound so level headed and strong .....you don't seem to get dragged around by your sons behaviors.....and yet, it's so darn disappointing and frustrating.......

Sending hugs.....

pasajes4

Recovering, It has taken me 12 years to get to this point. There was a time that I took to heart the expression " you are only as happy as your saddest child" ( rough translation)

It has taken a lot of therapy and prayer. This group has been a life saver. I also belong to a very good support group for parents of mentally ill children. I still have my moments.

pasajes4

Somewhere, He is young. That is one thing in his favor. Someone once told me that at some point they revert to the values that they were brought up with. This was true in my case. I went through my rebellious hippie phase and at some point I just got sick and tired of living on the fringes. I hope and pray that it happens for him. His drug use starting at age 10 may have altered his brain making this difficult and perhaps impossible.

BusynMember

Most young people mellow out with age. Many who came here with problem kids saw changes as they hit the mid 20s. There is hope. Not all mellow out but a lot of them do so of course there is hope.

Albatross

Oh Pasa, I'm sorry to read this news. It seems like your son just isn't "getting" it yet. I am glad you are getting so much support, and I hope something clicks for him soon.