update

amstrong

difficult child is still living with the young guy that rescued him when I ousted him. He is getting to his pick up point via bike and his roomate is picking him up from work. He has paid his debt to us for his fines in full and is paying his roommate a monthly fee in order to live there. He has gotten some of his things from home for his room there.

As was previously worked out, husband has purchased a car that difficult child is now providing bi weekly payments toward. It is parked in our backyard and will stay there until his license is restored.

He says he has checked in this month with probation officer and has given her his current address. He seems happy and says that once he is driving again and gets the car paid for, he and roomate and roomate's girlfriend are going to get a bigger apartment. He is supposed to be bringing health insurance enrollment papers by this weekend so I can help him fill them out.

We are getting along much better and he calls me often. I am happy for him and us and am optomistic that this will be the thing he needed.

Sunlight

Robyn I am so happy for you. your son must be so proud of himself as well. he is growing up and you are at peace. YAY!

amstrong

I am much happier as I believe is he. We have an unspoken "don't ask - don't tell policy. I don't wanna know what goes on that I wouldn't approve of and I am sure he doesn't wanna tell. :devil:

lovemysons

Wow! You're difficult child is handling alot of responsibilities...that's awesome.

I like that "don't ask-don't tell" policy. smiles.

lovemysons

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: amstrong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am much happier as I believe is he. We have an unspoken "don't ask - don't tell policy. I don't wanna know what goes on that I wouldn't approve of and I am sure he doesn't wanna tell. :devil: </div></div>

I like that policy. I think it will work great for both of you.

Great update. Sounds like the start of a new and improved relationship between the two of you.

I think that is something important for parents to realize, that even though we mourn the loss of what we thought our difficult child's would become and we know we will never have that again, it's not a bad thing. Usually once they make the choice to straighten out their lives, we develop a new and improved relationship with them and that relationship becomes almost more important then the old one, because it took so much to get to this point in our's and their lives.

I'm glad you are starting to experience this new relationship. I know I cherish the one I have with my difficult child now.

K

Kjs

Posts like this give me so much hope.

Good to hear things are working out so well.