UPDATED:::CATA Group- New thread!

DammitJanet

Oh that is so much a pile of horse manure that I can smell it from here. Any good psychopath can hide it from a simpleton psychiatric for a limited evaluation. Hell, those of you who have met me in person would never have guessed I was as severe as I am! Not except for the fact that I have told you. I present very well.

They had on the Dr Drew show last night the lady who shadowed Casey from the bounty hunter agency when they bailed her out in late August, she said Casey was so odd. On the surface she presented as the sweetest and nicest person you ever could meet but underneath there was just something dead wrong. She would never even talk about wanting to find Caylee and in fact, would get mad if people questioned her about it or suggested that it should go on. This woman wanted to look at Caylee's baby book and photo album but Casey shoved it aside and said to her...No..look at mine! Everything was all about her.

Yeah sure she didnt have some mental health issues...can we say narcissistic?

Star*

call 911........call 911
SS lied in saying she wanted to drown herself thinking it would get her a lighter sentence. She meant to kill her boys to spend time with her lover. That's in her original statement. She reacanted when she found out they were seeking a stiffer longer sentence ( I think) Her case did to SC what CA is doing to just about the entire nation - but SHE twisted it with blaming it on a black man who car jacked her children so for a while it was a hate crime like this state hadn't seen in ages. She really was hated by everyone for not only strapping her children in alive and drowning them because she wanted to be with her boyfriend, blaming a black man for the carjacking, lying about it so straight faced to the nation, wasting man hours, her husband, and then changing her lies over and over to suit herself.

However - there was sufficient and overwhelming evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that her children (through autopsey) were drown alive, and she did murder them. The state did not seek the death penalty for her.

Recently she took law classes and appealed (I think a year or so ago) saying she did NOT have adequate representation. Trying to get out of jail. She felt she found God, Served "enough" time and wanted OUT - she wanted to go counsel other Mothers who have killed their children - she's also been found mentally competent. THousands turned out at the state house to let the state know they have NOT forgotten what she did to her babies. It was pretty stirring. She is NOT and never will be in General Population.

She lost her appeal.

donna723

Star, they ALL claim to have "found God" while in prison! Every last one of them! They have ALL seen the error of their ways, they ALL claim they could do a lot of good for the world if they would just let them out!!! Susan Smith's appeal was very typical and the powers-that-be have heard it all before thousands of times.

Malika

In some ways, I think Casey's life will be harder being freed than it would have been in prison. Okay, she may have all the monetary rewards of unscrupulous profiting from the death of her daughter, but she will be among what I think you call in prison vocabulary "general population". In other words, for the rest of her life she will be among and exposed to people who are deeply hostile to and even potentially violent to her. It would not at all surprise me if she ended up murdered herself. I think she faces a hard existence on the outside.

DDD

Have to add my strange input to this turn in the thread. Her boyfriend (allegedly and based on accounts I read) was a high school and college "friend" of mine. Susan, that is, and obviously not Casey. What a small world. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
You have to feel sorry for anyone that knew either one of these women. I think the positive (if there is one) if the CA case is that there will NOW be a law forthcoming or laws in place and I would assume they will be passed by February 2012. Hopefully all states will get these into place so nothing like this ever, EVER happens again. I think the difficulty will be in writing the law so that parents of difficult child's who have run=aways who have to report them missing are NOT taking away valuable time with law enforcement say looking for a difficult child runaway that is down at a friends house VS. an actual potential murder victim. They said on the news last night as I understand it the 'cut off' age is to be 12 years old. Do you think this is why?

I can see where parents of difficult child's will now have more of a responsibility and potential headache in reporting a missing child to law enforcement where before the law basically did very LITTLE in taking OUR missing children issues serious.

I'm not looking for flame mail - but think about it.....your difficult child is 12.5 - he gets upset, he goes missing for 2 hours. You NOW have to report him missing or it's a FELONY. BECAUSE.......if it ends up that (heaven forbid) he's dead, and you did NOTHING to report him missing. YOU are going to jail. THis is the way I understood the wording thus far. Even though it says If the child is missing for 24 or 48 hours and you don't report them, if the child is dead and you didn't report it...well HOW am I supposed to know if the child is potentially dead in 2 hours of going missing? See the loophole there? SO now because I didn't report it 2 hours after missing? I'm going up for a felony. Don't kid yourself - CA got away with murder - you or I would not.

Thoughts?

DammitJanet

Star...I think it would only be a win/win on both sides. More people would report even runaways, and more law enforcement would be forced to actually at least take the reports semi-seriously with at least a paper trail to cover the parents butts. Sure there could be 16 or 17 year old difficult child's who runaway from home and parents dont know where they are and the kids simply dont call home. The cops dont want to do anything about it, not even take a report. If this law goes into effect at least they will have to take a report to cover both themselves and the parents in case the kid comes up dead.

I see only good coming from it. Honestly it is just common sense but naturally we have to have a law telling us what is common sense because there are idiots who dont know how to do the logical things.

Malika

Okay... (almost) last thoughts, I promise!
Everyone has their own 2 cents' worth about this case and why Casey did what she did (if they think she did). Here are my own. For me the key is the reported detail that leading up to June 15 2008, Cindy was threatening to have Casey arrested because of money she had stolen from the family. She was also, allegedly, threatening to fight to have custody of Caylee.
This, for me, is why Casey may have committed the unthinkable. Not because she wanted to party or be free. But as an act of revenge and hatred for her mother who loved her grand-daughter more (Casey felt) than Casey.
And we will never know the truth, in all probability.

Nancy

I'm not sure why they never brought up that fight in the trial. To me it points to motive and could have explained why she did what she did to the jury.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's strange that in all of this she has never made a statement about the tragiic death of her child. Even now after she has been acquitted and no further charges can be brought, she still says nothing about the death of her child. To my knowledge not once has she ever expressed sadness or grief over this.

Nancy

Last edited:

Mattsmom277

Nancy, someone I know recently made a similar comment to me. Only thing that came to mind is that nobody would believe her statement anyhow? I don't know. I can't see anything but more public backlash if she made a statement about the loss of her daughter and it isn't like a public statement is going to change anybodies opinion on what they believe did or did not happen the day that beautiful little girl died.

Regarding all the talk of law suits etc, I feel each of them is justified even if she had NOT caused her daughters death and even IF it had been a drowning. The fact is she did lead the police and other outside agencies on wild goose chases and incurred tons of expense to those searchers that was needless because even IF the child had drowned, that would STILL mean that CA knew all along that all searching was useless. I had incorrectly thought they would not be in a position to sue for police investigative costs but I must say I'm relieved to hear I was wrong and she will be made responsible for those costs.

I read a report that Cindy attempted to see CA again at jail and again was refused. Even weeks before the start of the trial CA refused Cindy's attempts to visit. Quite honestly, they are all dysfunctional and screwed up in some manner and they would all be better served in my humble opinion by staying the hades away from one another, getting themselves to therapy tout suite, and worrying about themselves instead of trying to contact one another. By any version of stories given, all the players have some major issues.

As for CA, once she settles her lawsuits and debts, she would be best off doing like karla homolka did, move to some place in Europe with a new name. If KH could get permission to move to Europe with a new name following her disgustingly short stay in a luxery womens prison following her involvement of so many rapes and murder, including actively raping and murdering her sister alongside her husband, I'm certain CA can gain permission to move far away. I can't see her living any type of life in the borders of the US.

Star*

call 911........call 911
The person that was living in the Anthony home when she was on house detention, I think a female bodyguard, said she often said Baed probably wanted to know what bra size she wore.

Nancy

The female was quoting Casey who was in the car riding down the road with her Bondsmans office worker who said Casey loved the media so much that she got sad when the clouds interferred with having the helecopters fly over the house. Then she quoter her as saying (with bondswomans disgusted face) "I think we should call Howard Stern and get him involved, but then again he'd probably just want to know what size my bra is or if Baez is "hittin" it."

I found that particularly disturbing. BUT not shocking because of the nature of CA being narcissistic personally.

THEN she told Dr. Drew further in their interview that the level of dysfunction IN THAT HOUSE (meaning the Anthony Home) was ABSOLUTELY ridiculous and there WERE things that made her skin crawl because in her estimation (and things she had told Dr. Drew off camera that she would and could not share with the public) Casey and CIndy had gotten into an argument when Cindy found out about Casey stealing her Grandmothers checks, when cornered and confronted? Casey took Caylee and cholorformed her it killed her. She thought about burying the body in the back yard, but then decided it would be discovered or the dirt would be seen. So she put her in the trunk, the reason no one smelled it - it wasn't that old and the bag kept the smells in. THen she figured she would get caught so she tried to make it look like a kidnapping and murder and cooked up the story about the Nanny Zanny having her for a month and thought that would fly....having already dumped the body it was decomposing and she knew chloroform was basically untraceable from her internet searches. There was MORE that involved the ENTIRE Anthony family - but the Bondswoman only told Dr. Drew - NOT the public and even HE said - it was horrible. Not just about CA, but the WHOLE family.

(not that I'm trying to get back in on this) I'm working more on getting peoples attentions on the signatures for the bill. I agree with Nancy - LETS WORK ON SOMETHING POSITIVE! Just wanted to add this to the so you know pile.

witzend

Who is going to watch the ID Channel and all of their programs about Caylee tomorrow? I wasn't glued to this trial, but I may have to watch...

Star*

call 911........call 911
And as far as HOW she feels?

I know this is really HARD to understand because WE FEEL......WE CARE...WE are emotional, and WE talk about it.

She didn't care when she murdered her daughter obviously, and the only reason we saw tears was because someone cued her when to cry, when to look sad. She is incapable of feeling sorry for something she never felt sorry for doing. The only thing she felt sorry for? Was for getting caught and now? She knows she's not going to have that happen...and she OWNS this. In HER mind she actually KNOWS she gets MORE attention for NOT showing emotion so she will NOT.

Hate to say it but she's one cunning little girl who thinks she can beat everyone and outsmart them at every turn, and has humans figured out to the nth degree. I'm sorry I even know - but live with one evil SOB and you'd know too. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT THE DAY TO DAY GOINGS ON FOR THEMSELVES. MY LOOKS, MY MONEY, MY IMAGE, WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT ME?

If the media circus would just STOP about her period? IF people would just STOP hating her period.....if everyone would let the "frenzy" about her go - if NO ONE would ever utter her name again? THAT? THAT would kill her. If people on the street would pass her, look her right in the face and act as if she were just another face, no one a NOBODY? I promise you - THAT would kill her. She's feeding off the hate people provide her. NEgative attention is better than NO attention at all -

And while I am happy this bill is being passed......SHE will consider it HER legacy. After all it was HER little girl that died. THAT is how sociopaths think.

I hope if there is ever a movie deal or book deal that people petition the world against THOSE people. PROFITEERS......